IGNORED

replacing clutch and brake fluids

I have Tour Deluxe and I have looked over the different post, but still seem to be lost. I need pictures as to where to bleed the clutch fluid would like to install the speed bleeders but not sure where they go?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by dguess

I don't have a pic but if you look on the left side rear of the engine, just above the transmission and behind the rear cylinders you'll see a rubber covering that has a little nipple on top. That pulls away and exposes the valve. The nipple is what actually covers the valve. You can't miss it. It's a couple inches square.

(I just noticed that you're on a Tour Delux. I'm refering to a RSV. Not sure if they're in the same place)

Edited by loehring

Dan,

Without a pic, I'll tell you exactly where it is. Left side of the bike (as your sitting on it) there are 2 cases on the engine. The fwd one is larger and is where the stator is, the smaller one directly behind it is the middle gear cover. Go directly between both of them and up about 2" you'll see a square black rubber cover, lift that up and there is the clutch bleeder. A word of advise, the speed bleeders will get in the way of all the fins and whatnot. You might have to remove that rear fin cover to access the bleeder, so if your comfortable doing it the old fashion way, thats what I would do....:2cents:

Found it right where you all said it was, thanks alot I don't think I would have found it. I have never noticed that piece of rubber there before. I did take a picture and will upload it soon just in case some one comes across this thread asking the same thing.

Thanks again to all,

Dan