IGNORED

new problem with bike

kwisor

i get the bike running great again now after the test ride i am leaking oil real bad under nith running down the kickstand and spraying oil all over lt side of bike onto the wheel all i did was chang the carbs the oil leavel is only half way in the sight glass so not over full any ideas as to what might me leaking frustated

bumbkle bee

1999 rsv

found oil leak it is the stator gaskit it is leaking around the rubber gromit that the wires go through what is the best way to seal this from leaking what is the best gaskit sealer to use when i get the new gaskit

bumble bee

1999 rsv

Edited by kwisor

:sign yeah that:

A new gasket for both the middle gear cover and the stator cover and don't forget the crush washer for the bottom screw on the middle gear cover.

For the wire grommet what I did was to spray the heck out of it with brake cleaner to get all of the oil out of the cloth insulation on the wires.

Then pull about an inch of wire thru the grommet and clean all of the oil off of that to. Lots of brake cleaner used. You need to flush ALL of the oil out of the cloth insulation on the wires.

Let dry completely. Wont take long.

I then work some black RTV into the cloth of the wires and then pull them back to the original location in the grommet then liberally coat around the wires and grommet with more black RTV on both inside and outside of the grommet working it into the cloth insulation.

When you are done you only need a fillet of about 1/8 inch.

Let it dry at least a full day before putting it back together.

When you put it back together use some more black RTV on all sides of the grommet to make sure it seals to the case.

Don't forget to put that new crush washer on the bottom screw of the middle gear cover.:whistling: