IGNORED

Helmet lock extensions

Trader

Any of you folks who are into making things out of stainless want to try making a set of helmet lock extensions?

On Ebay they want $65 by the time you pay shipping!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to pay more than 1/2 that!

ever thought about a locking carabiner instead?

oops try this instead.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ASA-X-3107-Carabiner-Styler-Combination/dp/B000PAYO9S]Carabiner Styler Combination Lock: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hgUo-aQ2L.@@AMEPARAM@@41hgUo-aQ2L[/ame]

Edited by friesman

ever thought about a locking carabiner instead?

That is what I use and I like how it works. While mine doesn't lock, that doesn't bother me as it is hard for others to tell that the helmet is not locked.

Any of you folks who are into making things out of stainless want to try making a set of helmet lock extensions?

On Ebay they want $65 by the time you pay shipping!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to pay more than 1/2 that!

I've seen them for sale at several bike shops around here for less than $20/pair. Try looking at some of the bigger shops in your area. They should have them as well.

Andy

You talking about the T shaped pieces that slip through the D rings to hook on the helmet locks?

Mike

yep...them's the ones!

It's awkward to try and get the lock closed with the helmet loop on it without the extensions. I also like the "flash" from them hanging there.

yep...them's the ones!

It's awkward to try and get the lock closed with the helmet loop on it without the extensions. I also like the "flash" from them hanging there.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/parts+&+extras/covers,+locks+&+straps+/mc+enterprises_helmet+lock+extensions+-+twin+pack?utm_source=gps&utm_medium=csn&utm_term=Helmet+Lock+Extensions+-+Twin+Pack&utm_campaign=parts+&+extras-covers,+locks+&+straps+&gclid=CN-agKyli7ECFQff4AodSxZVhA

Well..... Prices are all over the place from $5.95 to over $60.00 depending on the finish and brand but I'm pretty sure you can get something a lil more reasonable than the number you mentioned. (Even with the robbery commited with Canadian shipping costs)

There has to be somebody on your side of the border than can hook ya up cheaper.

Mike

I had a Goldwing in my shop where the owner had used a pair of small adjustable (Crescent) wrenches. He'd slide the D ring down the handle then put the lock through the hole in the handle end. Looked pretty slick.

I had a Goldwing in my shop where the owner had used a pair of small adjustable (Crescent) wrenches. He'd slide the D ring down the handle then put the lock through the hole in the handle end. Looked pretty slick.

That would be even more appropriate on a Hardley :stirthepot: