IGNORED

Seat rebuild? Or aftermarket?

I'm on the home stretch of my cross country ride. My '83 has run flawlessly. One major project for me to prepare for future rides is to either have my seat redone or look at aftermarket seats. I know the Corbins are nice but Its hard for me to think about sinking $700 into a seat. My question is, has anyone had they're seat recusioned and covered? How much did it cost you? My chunk of foam that I picked up in Lousiana is the only thing saving my bottom. Btw, I am still impressed with my bikes performance. New paint coming up soon. Maybe a dark brandy wine. Al

My offer may sound inviting, but it's about 2-3 inches taller than the original. I've got a Saddlemans Travelcade on my '84 that I wouldn't mind pulling off and selling to one of our members cause I'm looking at getting rid of the bike anyway.

It's been sent down to Ricks and rebuilt with memory foam in the front and back and has a built in seat back for the driver. Will come with the pad that matches for the passenger trunk back. It's black vinyl around the sides and charcoal gray cloth seat cover. Can't upload pics right now but send me your email in a PM and I'll send 'em to ya.

My offer may sound inviting, but it's about 2-3 inches taller than the original. I've got a Saddlemans Travelcade on my '84 that I wouldn't mind pulling off and selling to one of our members cause I'm looking at getting rid of the bike anyway.

It's been sent down to Ricks and rebuilt with memory foam in the front and back and has a built in seat back for the driver. Will come with the pad that matches for the passenger trunk back. It's black vinyl around the sides and charcoal gray cloth seat cover. Can't upload pics right now but send me your email in a PM and I'll send 'em to ya.

Kevin, I think the seat would fit fine, but the backrest wont work at all. But I think you can still order them from saddlemens if your heart is set on matching seat and backrest. Youre long legged enough the seat would wlrk fine for you for touching the gorund, but my saddlens seems to push me forward onto the tank. (but my butt is prbably more substantial than yours....lol)

Brian