IGNORED

Radiator Leaking

Copy on the radiator shop. I thought I had a leak on the one in my '84. I don't know if the 2nd gens are similar to the 1st gens but the manager was impressed with quality of it. He was surprised it was out of a 26 year old bike. He did a pressure test and found no leak but he combed out the fins and at my request went ahead and gave it a dip for the heck of it.

Two years with no problem yet and not expecting any soon. Turned out to be the upper hose had a pin hole and was spraying back down onto the back of the grid. Looked back but not the problem.

But a decent shop shop be able to deal with that and take care of ya.

Mike

Is there anyway to fix the radiator on my 07 Venture. The leak is right on the seam of side the unit.

What is the in-service date on your '07 bike? It could still be covered by warranty. If it is just barely out of warranty, you could still contact Yamaha and ask for some policy consideration. Hey nothing Ventured(pun intended) nothing gained! Heck even if they offer to pay 50% of a new radiator, you could be money ahead.

Try "Rapid Fix" it about $25 for the kit. One bottle is like super glue and the other is a filler material. Great for fixing farrings too. Bonding is almost instant and hard. I got it at the local car parts shop. Ihave even bonded wood to plastic with it. Here is a picture of a replacement post I made on the faring of my 86 royale.

A fried just repaired a car radiator this week with it. Good luck

DSC08716.jpg

Is there anyway to fix the radiator on my 07 Venture. The leak is right on the seam of side the unit.

I will try Yamaha and see what they say. My warranty runs out the end of this month. If not i will try the bonding to fix it.

If it runs out the end of the month, then you still have warranty coverage. Get the bike right in there so it can be documented within its warranty period.