IGNORED

How many of you Goldwing riders have this type hitch ?

http://wingstuff.com/products/34009-vertical-trailer-hitch-for-2012-gl1800?from_search=1

I would appreciate any information pertaining to this hitch type please. I have been ask to build a Flag Pole Stinger Mount to accommodate the Goldwings type hitch in the link. If there was enough of these type hitches being used, I would consider building a few for this type hitch. There are some extra pictures to the left on the link page. This type hitch says for a 2012 model Honda GW.

I have a new design that looks better and I am in the process of getting some built up tomorrow and painted. I can also build these to include the Goldwing if there was enough interest and people using a hitch of this type. If you are not using this type hitch, then please tell me what type hitch you are using ? Pictures would really be appreciated.

Thank you for any information you provide.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy,

My Wing is an 03, so the hitch mounting brackets are a bit different than the one you show. However, the tube on mine is vertical like your, and the stinger looks to be identical. I have a hunch that there are a lot of these "hidden" hitches out there as I have seen quite a few myself.

Joe

Fuzzy,

My Wing is an 03, so the hitch mounting brackets are a bit different than the one you show. However, the tube on mine is vertical like your, and the stinger looks to be identical. I have a hunch that there are a lot of these "hidden" hitches out there as I have seen quite a few myself.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I really appreciate the feed back. I was wondering just how many use this type, the vertical hitch. I am in the process, and already have one made and sold to a gentleman whom saw the mounts I build a the site that I set up. I have changed the design and decided to make some for the Goldwing also. I have not yet even got any pictures posted and information changed yet. But I am going to make some of these to accommodate the vertical type hitch for the Goldwings.

I am shipping his out tomorrow. I used the site link and pictures from the link, plus some information from the man that bought one. I am putting the mounting pin for the stinger on a 5 1/2 " long piece of square tubing and drilling the 1/2" pin hole at 2 1/2" above the bracing. That is what I really need to know, will this measurement for the pin hole work in your mount and allow about a 1/2" or so of play ? In other words, the pin hole is 2 1/2" above any material and in line and vertical at a 90 degree angle.

[ATTACH]67117[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67118[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67119[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67120[/ATTACH]

Thanks again Joe for your response.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Hey Fuzzy,

Measured mine.....the center of the pin hole is 3/4 inch from the bottom of the vertical tube.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Thanks Joe, so sounds like I need to put a few pin holes in the vertical stinger attachment to accommodate different hitches. So sounds like I also need one at an 1 inch and at 2 1/2 inches. Thanks for your help Joe. Do you know what brand hitch you have ?

Fuzzy

I use the AddOn hitch, made my own flag mount. Picked up a 1 7/8" coupling at Harbor Freight, used some perforated metal I had, drilled some holes and installed some bolts. Made a strap to go under the stinger and bolt onto the added metal strips, making a clamping mechanism. Bolted on a flag staff holder. This flag mount will attach right on to the ball mount, just uncouple it and remove the two clamping bolts to remove it.

By the way, this hitch has worked fine for towing my trailer.

I just re-read the OP--- I have a 2007 Wing, basically the same hitch as the 2012 hitch the link shows. 1 1/4 vertical mount hitch. I would have preferred a horizontal mount, but I got this hitch for (I think) about $149.00. My set-up works fine for pulling a trailer or for a parade speed flag display. Have trevelled up to about 45 MPH with no problems.

Edited by Mel
More info.

Thanks Joe, so sounds like I need to put a few pin holes in the vertical stinger attachment to accommodate different hitches. So sounds like I also need one at an 1 inch and at 2 1/2 inches. Thanks for your help Joe. Do you know what brand hitch you have ?

Fuzzy

James,

Mine is a Kuryakyn, was on the bike when I bought it. It's this one...

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Trailer-Hitches/Kuryakyn-Trailer-Hitch-for-2001-2010-Honda-GL1800-Gold-Wing/156935.html?gclid=CLaEt_uM_a8CFSWFQAodGEgXDQ

Joe

Thanks Joe, I have heard that a Hitch Doctor hitch has a special size of 1 1/8 " OD receiver/stinger. So far I think that the Hitch Doc is the only hitch that is the 1 1/8" size. So my Stinger Flag Mount should work on the Kuryakyn and most all others. I can build them for the others (Hitch Doctor), but only by request.

Thanks again for your help Joe. I am trying to get a working list of hitches.

James