IGNORED

Heart of Texas Rally

twigg

Leaving home at 2 am for a 6 am start in Brady, TX.

Should cover around 600 miles before the finish in Brady.

Live Map with 10 minute position updates is here:

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=461d4f9876a08079a

Map goes live tonight and will stop when I get home on Sunday.

There are 40+ riders taking part this year, this is my first time.

600 MILES!! Sounds like a good ride. The longest I ever went on was a 400 mile ride. It was tough but I was riding a GZ250. Good luck and be careful.

Thanks ... 600 miles is just the rally. I also have 200 miles to get to the start, and 500 miles home afterwards.

It's all good ... barring the unforseen it's nothing the bike hasn't already done twice in the last few weeks.

Just so all y'all understand that this isn't something that can't be tried by all ...

I did the math.

For the 12 hour duration I need to maintain an overall average speed of 50 to 51 mph, to get to the finish in good time.

Clearly that includes all stopped time, but the actual pace is modest, and speed limits do not have to be broken ... actually you can ride under them.

You just have to keep the wheels turning, at a modest pace, as much as possible.

As a comparison ...

The SaddleSore 1000 pace is 43 mph, and the Bun Burner Gold is 63 mph.

The SaddleSore is comparatively easy, the BBG is very difficult.

Hey folks, just joined the program. Am so excited. My wife and I drive a truck for a living so we really enjoy our bike when we get out of the truck. Seems strange to some that we hop on our bike after 4, 7,000 mile wks in a truck.But its how we unwind. What can I say? :) We would love to attend some rallies this year. Hopefully we can. Taking off in May, Mothers Day wknd, for a few days. Will be looking for somewhere to ride. Hope that Heart of Texas ride goes well for ya. Be safe and Happy Trails!:080402gudl_prv:

Ride completed as planned.

Got home at 5.30 pm yesterday with about 1280 miles on the GPS. I did okay but the final standing haven't yet been published so I have no idea where I finished.

I'll post a link to the Ride Report here, when I have written it :)

By the way ... With every ride that I complete, my respect for what Yamaha built increases.

Please remember that I am competing against the latest and greatest by Honda, Yamaha and BMW, with highly experienced riders on board many of them.

I am new to this, and we are doing just fine. Even among this company, respect for that elderly VR is growing.

Ride completed as planned.

I am new to this, and we are doing just fine. Even among this company, respect for that elderly VR is growing.

It helps when the respect begins with Mr. Kneebone. The Venture was his first LD sled.

Look forward to your ride report.

RR