So after putting the fairing back together after fixing the wiring to my horn. I went for a ride today and no radio. I thought I checked all my connections while I had things apart but I must have hit the radio connection. So I'll be taking it all back apart tomorrow. I guess there is nothing I can check with out taking the fairing apart.

Vance,

Glad we finally got the horn!

If you did not replace the effected connectors, then mouse pee will corrode the pins continually over time. Good baking soda bath with acid brush, good rinse, and more important then ever-dielectric grease.

Plan to eventually replace the connectors.

I guess there is nothing I can check with out taking the fairing apart.

I had a short that turned out to be OUTSIDE THE FAIRING but the wires ran in to the fairing. Everytime I wiggled the connections inside the fairing things started to work. I would put everything back together and the short would show up again. I zip tied everything and thought I finally had it to no avail.

I finally found the short in the switch box on the master cylinder. Must have had the fairing apart 15 times that weekend.

I now have no fear taking the fairing apart since I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

That means I'll probably never have to take it apart again.:rotf:

That means I'll probably never have to take it apart again

Man if I had any money I'd take that bet. LOL But I totaly know how you feel. First time I took mine apart I was really nervious. By the time I got done with the lowering the forks deal I could fetch all the tools without guessing.

check your Audio Fuse under right lower leg guard and also the Back-up fuse for the radio under the left side cover. I just had a guys bike in the shop for the same thing and found the back-up fuse was blown after he installed a new battery. Replaced the fuse radio came on right away.

Hope this helps

:fingers-crossed-emo:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks everyone once again I also noticed that the clock after I set it went back to being off again. I will pull everything back apart again tomorrow to see if I can find the problem. I will check out what you have said first. I do miss the radio more than I thought I would!

Thanks everyone once again I also noticed that the clock after I set it went back to being off again. I will pull everything back apart again tomorrow to see if I can find the problem. I will check out what you have said first. I do miss the radio more than I thought I would!

Now if the fairing was only held on with Zeus fasteners..... :cool10::cool10::cool10:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I just went through the same thing put new brake lines on and also rebuilt the forks been awhile since ive done that , got all back together and no blinker lights looked at everything i thought all was well but not finally come on the sight and punched in lost blinker lights and bango, one guy here said the blinkers are tied into the four ways and sure enough missed the plug.So back together and been good so far. 73 Yoop

I recommend you check your audio and backup fuses before taking the fairing apart again.

Mike

Thanks Mike I was thinking and searched last night about the clock resetting and go up this morning and checked the backup fuse and it was blown. Replaced it and all is working again. But I did not see the audio fuse where is that?