IGNORED

MK1 Carcasses

KIC

So after being tipped off by DarkLeftArm about a 1st Gen carcass in a motorcycle junkyard behind a local shop, I finally stopped in to see what was there. There were actually 2, but one is very gone. The other is stripped, but has some good parts left. The shop seems very reasonable on selling parts off of them. It seems to be a MK1, 83 to 85 vintage.The guy at the shop said he would look for paperwork to confirm actual year.

I’m thinking of seeing what I could buy the one carcass for and then strip it down. Wish it was a MK2. Here are some pictures. If anybody needs anything off of these, let me know.

Thinking maybe the hitch sale would pay for the carcass and then i could 'Pay Forward the other parts and stuff.

After looking at them, I believe they are both early '83's. The key is the side cover stringer. The very early models had a rubber nub that the side cover snapped onto. They changed that fairly soon and went to the rubber strap. These look like they may have the nub. Also remember to pick up the MKI trailer hitch. I wouldn't bother trying to pick up the whole carcass. Just cherry pick the good stuff if the price is right...