I can see if you mount it up high its goning to catch alot of air and bend the antenna back alot. They make mounts that mount to like the licence plat bracket and the flag mount is on that. Maybe if you used one of them clip on flags and put it about just above the trunk top it would be OK. How about something like this http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Kuryakyn-1-2-Vertical-Mount-Flag-Kit-4254-/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/$(KGrHqN,!lEE84JS9m2vBPT)zBjIng~~60_35.JPG

It could be clamped to the luggage rack if so equipped.

for 6 yrs i've been flying two 11x14 flags ,the car window clip in type, with the clip base cut off, i wire tye them to the antenna base with three wire ties this has worked great for me with over 52,000miles on them, now i have made clamps to mount the flags to saddle bag rails and extend to the top of the trunk box looks good for now, steve:325:

I had a flag on my radio antenna for a month or 2 (granted I did have a cross-country trip in there) and kept it towards the base of the antenna. I never noticed any extra fluctuations or motion of the antenna but what I did notice is that the flag rubbed right through the paint on the trunk. I would highly recommend against putting a flag there for that reason alone.

I have been using the HD Flags for several years now mounted on the base of the antenna with no problems. I tie wrap it to the slider portion which allows me to fold the antenna down when required. The pictures will show how they are mounted. I also got tired of going thru flags all the time so I did three things to extend the life of the flags.

1. Double stitch all the edges.

2. Apply super glue up to about a 1/4" from the edge

3. Made sleeves to slide over the flags during inclement weather or when I was not riding to display them.

Doing the three things I have used the same set of flags for over 2 years now. Before I was lucky if they lasted 2 months