IGNORED

Hannigan Brake Pads (Part Number)

Cougar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

Thanks for the insight. I will send an email to Jim and see where it goes. Depending I may just take you up on the offer.

I will have to check for a tag as Jay suggested. I did not see one but will look specifically for it.

The bike is a '07 and I don't know when it was done. I had been told it was done at Hannigan's shop but when I talked to Jim he was not able to look it up given then limited info I had at the time.

I really just noticed the issue and pulled it apart today to find what you see in the pics.

Like I said, I'll contact Jim and let you all know...

Just a real bummer... weather is really going to be nice over next few days and the trike will be sitting idle...

Thanks for the help!

Don

Don, make sure you send those photos. Jim is a REAL busy guy and he

may not get back to you a few days of so. (sometimes a week) :whistling:

I would go ahead and ride. mine were worse then that before it got figured out.

looks like you still even have plenty of pad left. as you know that won't ware out :rolleyes:

Just let me know when I can help you out.

come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen my trike Vin number yet LOL :think:

It is wrote down someplace but I have no clue, I know the BANK and Ins. has it:D

Bottom Line here.. is my bet is the Hannigan WILL take care of you. the pictures

are proof HE needs those more then a VIN number.

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen my trike Vin number yet LOL :think:

It is wrote down someplace but I have no clue, I know the BANK and Ins. has it:D

Jeff

Hannigan didn't start using a serial number until 2010 or 11 say's Mr. Gooch It's an aluminum tag . In the pic I circled where you would find it.

Thanks Jay, I do know I have a Vin number for the trike on paper work someplace

at lest that is what they used to do. will try and check today. maybe back then they

didn't use plates I guess :think:

I think they went by the bike VIN back then, not a unit serial number.

Jay, quit picking on Gary...

:duck:

Jeff,

I wanted to get back to you... Jim got back to me and long story short; he is going to send out a set of replacements. I had tried to have Hannigan locate info on the conversion before but they came up short but with some more searching, Jim told me he found the card. I don't have a ship date yet and asked if he would share the conversion info. I had been told it done at their factory and the trike was bought in IL.

Not being much of a mechanic these days, I could use as much info on the installations you might have from doing yours. Anything will help I'm sure.

But thanks again for recognizing the problem and providing the insight.

pa_don

Jeff,

I wanted to get back to you... Jim got back to me and long story short; he is going to send out a set of replacements. I had tried to have Hannigan locate info on the conversion before but they came up short but with some more searching, Jim told me he found the card. I don't have a ship date yet and asked if he would share the conversion info. I had been told it done at their factory and the trike was bought in IL.

Not being much of a mechanic these days, I could use as much info on the installations you might have from doing yours. Anything will help I'm sure.

But thanks again for recognizing the problem and providing the insight.

pa_don

Don,

Thats good news :thumbsup2: The brake swap is pretty straight forward, The only thing that is done differently is the new caliper bracket will go on the outside of the knuckle mounting surface. If you look back in my posts here you will find some pictures. I think it took 20 minutes per side to do the swap.

I appreciate everyone's help. Not much of a mechanic these days... seem to have forgotten a lot of things over the years and not having time to work on anything mechanical..... I am still waiting on word from Jim as to when he will ship the replacement kit out. I am assuming everything I will need should be included.

I will certainly look back at Jay's post as suggested.

Again, appreciate the help and will probably be back to ask for more before this over!

pa_don

Still waiting on parts... Last had contact with Jim at beigging of this past week. He was sick a few days and said it would be a couple of days for the paper work to process. Guess I'll wait to see what next week brings. I haven't ridden since I pulled the wheels as I really don't like the way it is stopping - besides all the NOISE!

Will let you guys know when I get the parts. Like I said... not much of a mechanic but willing to try!

pa_don

I've sent several follow-up emails and called today - left a voice message for Jim. I know things can get crazy but it was supposed to be a couple of days for paper work. Still no word.

I'm trying to be patient... good weather is here... my time is getting tighter and now inspection is now coming due....

Guess I'll have to try again next week...

(ya know .. sometimes venting does no good either...):no-no-no:

pa_don

YEAH!!! Parts came in! I will put the trike up on lift tomarrow late in the afternoon to see what I can figure out. I tried looking for Jay's pictures but could only fnd the one in this thread that showed the new disc. All I got were 2 sets of 3 parts (disc, pads and I think the caliper mounting bracket) no hardware.... do I re-use all the old hardware or do I need to get new?

Jay or Jeff, let me know if you will be around this weekend.... I know it can't be that hard but with me nothing is ever as easy as what it should be....:depressed:

So it should be something like this...

1) unbolt calipers from existing mount

2) remove original disc

3) remove old caliper mounting bracket

4) put on new caliper mounting bracket (back side of rotor)

5) mount new disc

6) remount caliper to new mounting bracket

7) install new pads into caliper

8) repeat for other side

9) bleed brakes.

Did I miss something? Any torque specs for hardware?

Tnx.

pa_don

:thumbsup2:

Sounds good Don, don't need to bleed brakes unless you wish to.

my cell is 319- three three 0 nine one 9 four.

should be around all weekend. if I miss your call I will call your right back.

Jeff