IGNORED

Putting wing back in the shop

muffinman

Well 7 months and 25K miles and so far the transmission has been replaced.The satelite radio is still acting up.I have a few more electrical issues since I got the bike.last shop visit was 26 days lets see how long they keep it this time.Yes I started the lemon law paperwork so we will see what comes of it.Evidently you cant ride a Honda like a First gen.

Never had a transmission problem with the Venture other than the soft washer causing the second gear to pop out. thats been fixed for a long time now besides that I dont count that as an issue seeing as how it was an original problem with all of the 83s and 84s.:confused24:

I will keep you all updated on what comes of the lemon law paperwork hopefully it will be a good thing for me.:fingers-crossed-emo

Jeff

83k miles on my GW and totally defect free..

Not one service call (knock knock knock on wood).

Only one very small problem I ever had was the reverse switch stuck one time, and I took it apart and cleaned / fixed it and have never had that problem since.

I do not feel the GW transmission was made to power shift, speed shift or abuse in any way (not saying you did Jeff), but I really feel the GW transmission was built to shift slowly and smoothly.

Yes, I do agree the transmissions could use better engineering to eliminate the clunking though...

I know I have rode with you side by side and in several group rides and I must say, you are kind of hard on a bike now, and more so then the average person is, but that is how YOU ride

Heck, once you age a little more (get to my age), plus get that "need for speed" out of your system, then I would reccomend a GW.

You just may have bought a lemon.. and I wish you a hassel free road getting yours replaced or your money back.

I do have to mention that I have not heard from anyone else who owns a GW having the amount of problems you have though.

Good luck :thumbsup2:

Eck

Nobody rides a bike the way Muffin does, the Venture is the only bike that will stand up to his abuse......thats my words for the way he rides...........Eck, myself, and many others dont ride our bikes as hard as Muffin does, I don't think any other bike would stand up to the abuse that the 1st Gen does, plus I think just to make the point that the Venture is a superior bike to the Honda, he goes extra hard to prove that point...........that's just my opinion. On the other side of the coin, nobody with the exception of maybe Dokin babies their bike like Eck does, remember, Eck couldn't even pass a UPS truck at Vogel one year. Therefore they don't give them any problems., again thats just my opinion..............:soapbox:

83k miles on my GW and totally defect free..

Not one service call (knock knock knock on wood).

Only one very small problem I ever had was the reverse switch stuck one time, and I took it apart and cleaned / fixed it and have never had that problem since.

I do not feel the GW transmission was made to power shift, speed shift or abuse in any way (not saying you did Jeff), but I really feel the GW transmission was built to shift slowly and smoothly.

Yes, I do agree the transmissions could use better engineering to eliminate the clunking though...

I know I have rode with you side by side and in several group rides and I must say, you are kind of hard on a bike now, and more so then the average person is, but that is how YOU ride

Heck, once you age a little more (get to my age), plus get that "need for speed" out of your system, then I would reccomend a GW.

You just may have bought a lemon.. and I wish you a hassel free road getting yours replaced or your money back.

I do have to mention that I have not heard from anyone else who owns a GW having the amount of problems you have though.

Good luck :thumbsup2:

Eck

Eck

Just how old do you need to be for this to happen?

I hope I got a few more years before this sets in.

:backinmyday:

Gary

I remember the first time I met Jeff. It was at Vogel . He pulled up on his 1st gen and got off and pushed it to the ground so he could see something on the bottom. I should say he threw it to the ground . I said wow this guy is my kind of guy "crazy" lol . He came to help me with my steering bearing one day there and was scared to touch my bike . So I think he is just hard on his stuff.

Reminds me of the first time I met Frogman. He showed up at my house and I was having a slight electrical problem with the "Blue Beast" He jumped right in cut a few wires out with a "We Don't need these!!" I stood there gasping and trying to say something when he said "All Done!!" Took me 5 min to get my heart pumping again!! I still wonder what he did in there!!

Jeff has about the same approach but sure knows his way around a 1st Gen and a 2nd.

Eck couldn't even pass a UPS truck at Vogel one year.

Lewis...Just want you to know your shin is gonna be hurting the next time we meet up..

In fact, BOTH shins are gonna hurt..:beer:

Just how old do you need to be for this to happen?

I hope I got a few more years before this sets in. :backinmyday:

Well dingy, I guess you just need to go through one hell of a crash like I had on my 05 RSV a couple years back, and then you will realize just how fragile you are. An accident like that brings out not only some fear...which I feel I am over, but it also brought much wisdom in that as you get older you may THINK you can react as fast as you did when you were younger and you find out you just cant move (or think) nor heal... as fast.

Before you know it, you adjust to all this and if you ever ride again, you will find you do ride at a slower pace and fully understand the concept of "hurry up and wait"..

I just pray you (and others) come upon this wisdom with out ever being in a nasty accident and learn now to listen to your body tell you that you just cant do those things you thought you once could.

Thats what you get for buying Tupperware instead of a real motor scooter.:stirthepot:

Redneck, Hell...I'm not even gonna try.........:rasberry:

Well Eck, if that what it takes to get a chance to ride or have a lunch with you I guess I could tolerate a kick in the shins, thats about the only thing that hasnt been hurting at one time or another............In fact after we get back from our cruise I might even plan a meet and eat here in Newman just for that occasion!

Eck couldn't even pass a UPS truck at Vogel one year.

Lewis...Just want you to know your shin is gonna be hurting the next time we meet up..

In fact, BOTH shins are gonna hurt..:beer:

Hey Jeff,

I surely didnt mean to change direction of your thread.. I'll try to get it back on track..

I hope all your GW problems are resolved though and your able to walk away satisfied with the outcome (new bike or your money back) .

(font is larger) :thumbsup2:

:cool10:You mean the UPS reference don't you.....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:(font is larger) :thumbsup2::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And the kick in the shins dont worry me right now........you couldn't find me if you wanted to........:bang head::bang head:

Hey Jeff,

I surely didnt mean to change direction of your thread.. I'll try to get it back on track..

I hope all your GW problems are resolved though and your able to walk away satisfied with the outcome (new bike or your money back) .

Hey Jeff,

Thanks Eck, now I can get down to wearing only one pair of reading glasses. :whistling:

RandyA

I've used the lemon law and it did produce the desired results but PATIENCE is key. I think that the companies count on people giving up and moving on and very few try to settle early because they know that most will be dropped. Expect it to take at least a year and maybe two. At least that was my experience.

Trans. went out on my Valk I/S almost lost my lunch when I was told how much it was going to cost me $$$$$$$$.

dealer said the 4th gear went out and took the rest along with it I put over 8,000mi on it since I owned it and never noticed any problems until I heard metal grinding.

no way could I pay over 3,000.00 for this repair so the dealer made me a good deal on a 90 Goldwing one owner great shape for a 90 model still has the factory sticker info. on the fuel door and fairing area

traded straight across for my valk I/S plus they put on new E3 tires - new tag - full service all fluids - new battery - air filter

dealer said they would make money off the Valk I/S after the repairs were done their a hot item around here.

Glad your Wing is still under warranty and hope you get it worked out and back on the road soon keep us up to date on what happens