IGNORED

Tree hits motorcyclist

KIC

Last week going to Gatlinburg, there was a guy in pickup truck with some boxes in the back and one came out at about 65 mph. The box was full of single toilet paper rolls and there must have been about six dozen and they were all over the right lane. We were able to go into the left lane and miss them, but in thinking about hitting them on the bike it could have been real bad. I believe it was last year that Linda and I had a baby bed come out of a truck right in front of us. Earlier in the week I saw a guy in a pickup heading for the interstate with a box spring and mattress in the back without any type of straps. Some people are too stupid to be driving.

RandyA

When I was a youngster I was driving my MGB convertible down the freeway when a 55 gallon drum full of scrap metal fall off the back of a truck in front of me. Luckily I could swerve off the freeway into a large dirt area at which time I did an E-brake slide then did 1 1/2 180s spring a large dust cloud around. The people who stopped thought I did a great.job "controlling" the crash. Didn't tell them it was all show and fun and no out-control crash. Tt

Back in the fall of 2006, my wife and I set out on a nice October ride and a tree hit us !!

Really, I happened to notice out of the corner of my eye, what I thought was a branch falling from a maple tree. Well, it happened so quickly, but for a split second I thought isn't that odd, a healthy branch with leaves falling...... Next second, leaves and branches everywhere !!! Everything was OK until the tree trunk got stuck on the center stand, the bike was going down !!! Well as a last ditch effort, I firmly planted my right foot onto the pavement, it worked, and dislodged the tree from the bike, but it also slammed my foot rearward into the passengers peg. At this time, enough had gone on and my wife realized what had happened. She didn't even know the tree fell on us because she was looking off in the other direction at the colorful fall foliage. Thank goodness she didn't see the tree, as I don't know what she would have done. Anyway, at this point I start screaming "I think I broke my leg, I think I broke my leg, honey, please try to help hold the bike up when we stop !!" I managed to stop the bike and got it on the side stand without dropping it. Man, oh man did my right shin hurt, but I was able to move and walk on it, so I was OK. The bike was hardly even scratched !! Within minutes two homeowners came running out to the road to see what happened since they heard the tree fall and my screaming. The men went back to their garages for a chainsaw, but not before we snapped a few pictures.

We continued our ride, since we were supposed to meet my parents for lunch at a restaurant about 50 miles farther. For the rest of the ride all I could think about was all the darn trees on the sides of the road and which one of them might fall on us. It wasn't until I got on the section of four lane divided highway, that I felt safe from the darn trees!!!!!! I was never happier to get off a nice country road and on a divided highway !!!!

Mike

Bryan knows about trees in the road, he actually got off his bike and moved it for us so we could keep going. We probably shouldn't have been riding 1000 pound bikes on a state forrest fire road but what the heck :doh::confused24:

OH, OUCH! :buttkick: Rick I thought "Pub road 13" was going to be our secret? :whistling: Now EVERYONE will want to ride it! :witch_brew: :bawling:

Bryan

but the road is longer than 1.8 miles..................or maybe we should have stopped at 1.8 miles instead of tiurning around at 5 miles, What you think Bryan?:think:

With out a doubt! :smile5: But we do have the memories that no one else will have. :photographing: :sign woo hoo: (Partially due to no one else is that NUTS!!!!) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bryan