IGNORED

Roaming Shim Kit.

Guest Zak202

Is there still a shim kit floating around? I have a 2001 RSV with 25K, it's time for the valves to be adjusted. Can anyone help me out? Is the 2nd gen tool in there too? Send me a PM. Thanks everyone.

I do not have a shim kit, but I might have a shim tool or 2.

I would love to come down to "help" or at least supervise.:whistling:

I have no clue what I'm doing but I will need to do that job sometime soon.

Speaking of your shim tool, Have you used any of them?

Any problems cracking at hex corners?

As to 1st post, There isn't a different tool for the 2nd gens, Yamaha couldn't improve on the 1st gen.

Gary

I would love to come down to "help" or at least supervise.:whistling:

I have no clue what I'm doing but I will need to do that job sometime soon.

I am actually not doing the work. I did the valves on my Volusia, but I have 5 bad vertebrae in my neck now so this kind of work is out until after my surgery. My neighbor will be doing the work for me. He actually started tearing it down until he realized he had the wrong shim kit.

I am actually not doing the work. I did the valves on my Volusia, but I have 5 bad vertebrae in my neck now so this kind of work is out until after my surgery. My neighbor will be doing the work for me. He actually started tearing it down until he realized he had the wrong shim kit.

Let me know when you are going to do this, I might ride over and at least watch.

I should probably do this one day, I have 81K miles on the bike and I don't know if it has ever been checked but it runs so good I hate to mess with it.

BOO

Let me know when you are going to do this, I might ride over and at least watch.

I should probably do this one day, I have 81K miles on the bike and I don't know if it has ever been checked but it runs so good I hate to mess with it.

BOO

If you want it to continue running well, I would mess with it.

RR