IGNORED

Armrests, cool feet and money in the bank, what more could you ask for?

myminpins

LOL!!! :)

So we sold our Honda yesterday :cool10: Got what we wanted for it so that's great. :happy34:

Got my armrests from Diamond R Friday and got them installed. They're great. :)

Got something rigged up for my boards (passenger) so that I basically have highway pegs as a passenger. I can put my feet out to cool them off in the breeze as well as basically have more room to have different positions for my feet to help shift around as we go.

So now I'm all set!!! :cool10:

Thanks for everyone's patience helping me figure things out, where to get stuff, etc. :happy34:

We went for a seven hour ride yesterday and it was AWESOME!! Beautiful weather and, now that I have all my accessories, cool feet! It was great!! My back was bugging me, too, without the armrests for support, especially in rough areas, so I'm happy now!! :happy34::bowdown::sign woo hoo::biker:

Edited by myminpins
Pictures added

You better pull the saddlebags and check the grab bar bolts, I had one come out on the right side after I put the armrests on, just checked and the left side is coming loose too.......

Evidently mamaYama don't know how to tighten things up right.....

We didn't remove the saddlebags to install the arm rests so I'm sure they're fine. We took the grab rails off, attached the arm rests, then put the grab rails back on. Mike tightened them up after I did so they should be good and tight. I always try to remember to check all nuts and bolts for tightness every few months but will keep a good eye on those bolts now that you've brought them to my attention, thanks. :)

They fold up. They're rarely up, though, as Mike rarely goes anywhere on the bike without me. He works nights so doesn't really have time to do anything or go anywhere during the week and we go together on the weekends.

They're a bit odd but it took hours to get to that point after three other tries of other things and I'd had enough by then. I may change to washers in the winter months when we can't get out on the bike and there's lots of time to tinker with things.

• 5 months later...
Guest Rev'n Ahead

so, how does the passenger get onto the seat with those armrests up there? I assume they fold away somehow??

any details are appreciated.

Thanks

I have arm rests on my 1st Gen .

They are Bolted at the bottom and just pivot vertically.

So you just widen them out a bit and drop down between them!

They have to be kept pretty tight or they tend to move out from under your arms under pressure.

The ones on MYminpins' bike look like they pivot horizontally so just swing out????

My wife is still not 100% sold on them. She said she feels a bit too closed in.

These are the Diamond R armrests http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Swingout%20Tubular%20Armrest, which pivot horizontally. :)

I haven't had an issue with keeping them tight at all and they don't bother me in the least (closed in?)

I love the feeling of having arm rests beside me on the bike. I found myself much, much, much more comfortable once the armrests were installed, especially on bumpy areas or when it was really hot and I needed a place to rest my arms other than on my legs. :)

After using them last year, they are still nice and tight but I keep a spare allen key to tighten them, if required, in the trunk just in case. Trust me, when I tighten things, they don't loosen!! :D