IGNORED

Ongoing hoo-haw with HID Country.

camos

A few of you have had dealings with HID Country. A while ago, about 6 months, I purchased a motorcycle H4 kit and a dual kit for H3 application. The H3 kit was not even close to the size they said it was and would not fit my fog lights so I sent it back. No problem there but there was a part that indicated it was for H4 which I did not return as I thought it was for the MC H4 kit but turned out it wasn't. I have been trying to find out what this part does. It looks like it could be a relay but has two connectors that apparently would hook up to two ballasts.

The problem I am having is getting this part identified. I have been corresponding with Mike without success. He does not seem to know what parts my order included. He has not been very responsive, wait for a reply for a few days or a week then send a query through the site to support and perhaps get a response. Anyway, it getting a bit frustrating. The only other person I have corresponded with is Jason who appears to be their technical person. What I would like to know is if anyone has an email address for Jason?

Attached are two pix of the part I am trying to ID. It would be helpful f anyone knows what that part does. In any case, I would like to contact Jason directly if I can find his address.

Edited by camos
Replaced crappy pic of HID harness

Clive, that looks like the main wiring harness & relay for the two lights. As it has 2 connectors for lights, main power feed in, grounds, a switch plug in connector. Yup, that should have gone back with the H3 replacements.:2cents:

I don't know anything about "HID" lighting, but it looks to me like that would be a "ballast" for the lights.

Attached is a pic of the HID ballast.

Clive, that looks like the main wiring harness & relay for the two lights. As it has 2 connectors for lights, main power feed in, grounds, a switch plug in connector. Yup, that should have gone back with the H3 replacements.:2cents:
That was my thought too but wanted confirmation from HID Country. The harness has a fuse, 2 ballast connectors and an H4 plug.

That box has got the relays in it. Its your relays for startup and hi/lo . I had a bad one on my pickup. It was h13 but one light would not come on at all. Replaced the bad box and all was good.
As mentioned, my thought too but since this part is intended for an auto system why would it have only one H4? It is my guess that it only needs one to tap into the Hi/Lo system so the plug for the other headlight would be taped off. If that is the case though, this harness is perfect for converting a single MC headlight to dual Hi/Lo headlights.