IGNORED

Need a 1st Gen MKII front rotor

I need a usable, front rotor off an MKII. Right or left per Bongo.

I am putting it on rear wheel as part of my VMax wheel conversion.

I have to use the VMax rear brake and mounting setup due to swing arm clearance issues. The VMax uses a 282 rear rotor, which is the same diameter as a 1st gen front. 1st gen is 1mm thicker, but it will work for what I am doing.

MKII rear brake setup I have on now with the 320mm rotor isn't even close to being able to make to work due to the offset in the floating rotor design.

I could make my 298mm MKI rear rotor work, but it wouldn't be an exact match either.

Gary

Edited by dingy
fixed 1st gen reference

Thanks Bob.

I know my MKII rotors are marked R & L, but I didn't see a reason I couldn't reverse it.

I would want the slots in the rotor face to be trailing. Or would that matter? 1st picture.

2nd picture shows clearance with Vmax wheel in place rotor is clear, but not enough for a Venture caliper arm.

I need to use VMax style in 3rd pic. It uses a torque arm from the top of the caliper arm to the swing arm to retain caliper arm rotation.

Gary

Gary, a FJR 1300 rear Rotor is the same Size and Bolting Pattern as the Vmax rear, so this one should work also. Imho, it looks nicer than the 1Gen Vmax Rotor too. I got one on my 1Gen Max along with FJR Rims and radial Tires ....

The "Spokes" on the inner Ring may be of some Importance when you use the Rotors on the front, but using any of these Rotors on the rear will cause no ill Effects. There much less Braking Power at work, so the Spokes will up to the Task even if they're facing in the "wrong" Direction.

Edited by Squeeze