IGNORED

It's 2:26Am

E-Fishin-C

I was up trying not to die from Acid reflux...... meds are working now so may have to take a nap......

I take Nexium daily Kreger.....but when it gets to acting up, Maalox anti-gas tabs, chew one up quick, let another slowly dissolve.....sometimes a couple of times, will do the trick. Is the head of your bed raised???, makes a big difference in holding the acid at bay in your gut....I've been fighting it for 38 years now.....small meals, no late snacks, throttled way back on oranges and green peppers(nice combination)....and yogurt with probiotics really seems to help calm things down as well when I eat it on a regular basis......hope this helps some

gunk:backinmyday:

I was up trying not to die from Acid reflux...... meds are working now so may have to take a nap......

Thats from all those Meet and Eats ya'all have there in Texas. Especially since that Michiganer landed there.........:whistling:

I take Nexium daily Kreger.....but when it gets to acting up, Maalox anti-gas tabs, chew one up quick, let another slowly dissolve.....sometimes a couple of times, will do the trick. Is the head of your bed raised???, makes a big difference in holding the acid at bay in your gut....I've been fighting it for 38 years now.....small meals, no late snacks, throttled way back on oranges and green peppers(nice combination)....and yogurt with probiotics really seems to help calm things down as well when I eat it on a regular basis......hope this helps some

I don't get acid reflux often ... maybe once a week at most. I also use Maalox ... been using it for years. One thing I learned a while back is to sleep laying on your left side. Apparently it forces the valve that is supposed to prevent the reflux to close properly whereas laying on your right side causes it to open. (something like that)

I also use GasX for lower abdomen gas .... can't eat onions as that gives me some terrible pain and bloating.

I had taken Nexium for a few years, at that time I could get heart burn from drinking water.... any way got better and stopped taking it... not sure what the deal was last night, we had fish for dinner, maybe the red sause got to me...I don`t know, but I am going to get some maalox just to keep on hand... hhhmmmm I love Oranges and Green peppers....I love a bowl of ice cream before bed...good on the chlorestirol..lol I havn`t tried the Yogurt thing though..I have yet to find any that taste good..

Thanks for the input!!