IGNORED

gas tank grommet question

massey130

I am going to put my tank back together after painting and then put on my 04 RSV.

I went to put the front grommets back into the grommet hole & realized that one side is fatter.

after looking at the service, user and parts manual, the pics aren't clear which side the larger end goes.

Can someone tell me how to orient the larger grommet end - inside or outside of the grommet hole.

I made a mental note of the orientation when removing them, but i have lost it. the mental note that is.

Try it with 'em one way, if'n it don't look right, or feel right, or fit right, SWITCH 'EM!

:lightbulb:

Sorry, mine is covered, tank is full and sea-foamed, battery tender is attached, and we have 7 or 8 inches of snow on the ground. Isn't it amazing how the little problems can cause such huge delays in a project. Uhh, now where is the "enter" key?

As a little rule of thumb with most grommets: The thick or fat side is always on the outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kj5six - M61A1MECH took a photo of his gas tank grommet and it shows the thick end to the inside. I will install them this way and see how it goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

take a look at his post -

See my post using the link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...d=1#post543086

Hope it helps.

Ok everyone, we have a winner. the fat/larger side of the grommet goes to the inside.

I will hopefully take care of this tonight. I appreciate everyone chiming in and those who provided mental support.

I just may get a ride in this evening if all goes well.

let's close this thread and move on.