IGNORED

Headlight adjustment!

Guest Kemo

Can someone tell me how to adjust the headlight on my 1999 RSV?

I know how to adjust it up and down, But need info on side to side. As of right now the head light is aimed more to the far left than normal. Also do I need to split the fairing to do this?

If you turn the bars to the far right you can see the adjustment knob on the left side of the triple tree. There's another adjustment on the right side that you need a Phillips screw driver for. Turn the bars to the far left for this one. Aim the light on a wall or garage door with the forks centred to see what needs to happen. You will probably have to use a combination of both adjustments to get it right. I didn't have to split the fairing to adjust mine.

Edited by Gary N.

Gary, Found the adjustment screw you mentioned on the right side. Worked great, Thanks so much

Now if you where replacing the bulb. What would you go with silver light or Zeon?

If you turn the bars to the far right you can see the adjustment knob on the left side of the triple tree. There's another adjustment on the right side that you need a Phillips screw driver for. Turn the bars to the far left for this one. Aim the light on a wall or garage door with the forks centred to see what needs to happen. You will probably have to use a combination of both adjustments to get it right. I didn't have to split the fairing to adjust mine.
That's interesting - I hadn't seen that screw before. It actully looks like another height adjustment - very different than the side adjustment screw I remember on the headlight frame. But if it works lateral adjustment, that is great - glad you know about it!

Goose

Gary, Found the adjustment screw you mentioned on the right side. Worked great, Thanks so much

Now if you where replacing the bulb. What would you go with silver light or Zeon?

Go with a $60 single bulb double action HID kit.. BRIGHT doesn't come close to describing how bright these are..

That kit died for me after flickering a few times. CCC said I needed a bigger fuse to send more juice to the ballast, but the existing fuse didn't pop? Not sure how adding a bigger fuse would help, since the existing one was ample. Whatever.

I went back to the same Silverstar Ultra that I'd been using for a couple years. It was almost as bright anyways when both were aimed properly.

I know that particular HID kit worked well for others, and I know some people diss the Silverstar (but maybe not the Ultra), so there is not a one-size-fits all answer. I'm glad people have options.

Dave