IGNORED

Rode the Dragon

GlennTuc

Got back from Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap, NC. Spent 3 days down there riding in the mountain twisties with my Kumho on the rear and Perelli MT 66 on the front. It was a 5.5 hr ride to get there and rode all day to get back. I can honestly say I had no problem with the CT at all on the trip. I don't know how it would have handled with a MC tire on the rear, but I do know I had no problems with the CT. The mountains were absolutely beautiful. I plan on making this a yearly trip.

Glenn

• 8 months later...

The wife and I are planning a trip in June down the Blue Ridge to stay with my brother in the area. Then over to the Dragon to make the ride. Can't wait to make the ride on my 08 RSV - also have a -78 XS750SE in the garage but RSV gets the nod for this one.

Got back from Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap, NC. Spent 3 days down there riding in the mountain twisties with my Kumho on the rear and Perelli MT 66 on the front. It was a 5.5 hr ride to get there and rode all day to get back. I can honestly say I had no problem with the CT at all on the trip. I don't know how it would have handled with a MC tire on the rear, but I do know I had no problems with the CT. The mountains were absolutely beautiful. I plan on making this a yearly trip.

Glenn

Might tackle it again this weekend! How was the area? Crowded? Also have a Kumho on back with Avon Cobra on front. It handles the TN mountain quite well for me so am not even concern about it on the dragon!

Glenn

What is you recommended tire pressure in the Kumho ? I keep 50lbs in mine and it works just fine

Speaking of Kumhos... many places on the internet have the Kumho 758 Powerstar 165 60 r 15 listed around $56.00 but are out of stock... still!

The strike has been over for some time now, whats the story?

Edited by CaptainJoe