IGNORED

Bridgestone Spitfire II tires

SilvrT

Nobody on this site buys bridgestone tires, we all take them off and replace them.

However haveing said that, I do use them on my Busa, but thats an entirely different application and type of bike and type of tire.

They do make good tires for " sport bikes "

Nobody on this site buys bridgestone tires, we all take them off and replace them.

Not true... I know of at least one person who has the same brand of tire.

They do make good tires for " sport bikes "

These specific tires are a "Sport/Touring" design and not the same as "stock" tires

I only ran the Bridgestones (new bike 2007) long enough to tell they where not wearing and or handling very well. I went with the Avon Venoms and would very highly recommend the Avons. The bike handled like a differant machine....... It really did ..... Very quiet and very good on wet road. Avon Venom all the way.

James

Anyone running these tires on the rear? ...

Do you get a "howling" sound at certain speeds?

Does it stop or diminish when in a corner?

well, Rick, looks like no one so far can answer your questions. does this stuff happen to you? I had duns 404 fore and aft on our bike when we bought it used. since it had been awhile since i had a bike, i really did not know what i was driving on, though i had no problems taking off hard, stopping hard and no sounds when cornering.

I caught a rivet and had a slow leak on the rear, thus finding that out next day when flat in the garage. I bought the dun E3 to replace it. i can tell a "to the good" difference with it. it makes just enough noise in a curve to let me know we are in a curve but otherwise is performs better than the d404's.

If you have the Bridge spits, let us know how you like them and how they perform for you. just cause bridge makes our OEM's, doesn't mean the don't make other tires that may be a viable future choice.

we should keep our minds open and our tanks full.

If you have the Bridge spits, let us know how you like them and how they perform for you. just cause bridge makes our OEM's, doesn't mean the don't make other tires that may be a viable future choice.

Yes, I have them on both front and rear. Haven't been on all that long to fully determine how good/not good they are. We just did a 1500+ km ride over the weekend and I was pushing it hard in some of the corners .... they felt fine for that. During the trip to Kruisin the Kootenays (appx 2000 km), we hit rain a few times and they seemed fine for that.

The reason for my thread on this is that lately I've been noticing a "howling" sound from the rear while running straight up around 110 km/h. It goes away at higher or lower speed as well as when taking a corner.

Yes, I have them on both front and rear.

The reason for my thread on this is that lately I've been noticing a "howling" sound from the rear while running straight up around 110 km/h. It goes away at higher or lower speed as well as when taking a corner.

I don't know how much this will relate, but the tread design may something to do with it.

similarly with a truck that has an agressive tread for some light/medium off road use, will make noise of different degrees at different speeds while on tar.

this may be what you are experiencing. just a thought really.

I don't know how much this will relate, but the tread design may something to do with it.

similarly with a truck that has an agressive tread for some light/medium off road use, will make noise of different degrees at different speeds while on tar.

this may be what you are experiencing. just a thought really.

I'm thinking you're right about that ... could also be that I don't have the right air pressure. The tread is fairly aggressive....

[ATTACH]48616[/ATTACH]

Are you sure this isn't Nina being bored with the straight and steady riding? :stickpoke:

I know I feel that way with some of the riding around my home...

I'm thinking you're right about that ... could also be that I don't have the right air pressure. The tread is fairly aggressive....

[ATTACH]48616[/ATTACH]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like that tread design. that is why I picked the E3. it had what i thought was a great tread of the tires I had chosen to pick from. so far so good.

I have been running that tire on the rear for a couple of years and have never heard any noise. I just change the front over to the Spitfire in the MT90 size, still quiet as a mouse. I ride solo mostly, so your noise may be from the extra wieght of your passenger and luggage. Just a thought.

Oh, my tire pressures are 37 psi in the front and 41 psi in the rear.

Dave

I have been running that tire on the rear for a couple of years and have never heard any noise. I just change the front over to the Spitfire in the MT90 size, still quiet as a mouse. I ride solo mostly, so your noise may be from the extra wieght of your passenger and luggage. Just a thought.

Oh, my tire pressures are 37 psi in the front and 41 psi in the rear.

Dave

hey Dave... yep, I knew you had them ... I'm running the same pressure. I didn't put the 170 on the rear tho... stayed with the stock size. I'll have to check re the passenger vs solo thing... I hardly ever ride without Nina on the back.

Question ... these tires are rated for 40 psi max I believe ... I wonder how much over that a guy could safely go?