slick97spirit

Thanks to the excellent instructions that Ponch provided with the set of gauges he sent me, I was able to successfully get them installed this weekend. I still need to finish getting everything together, but I did get the bike started and was able to test for leaks.

I would have never attempted this mod without the encouragement and knowledge I receive here. This was a big job for me. I think the chrome looks great against the unique color of the millenium.

Thanks again Ponch!

Hey Ponch, What size are those gauges ? I want one of your plates but wanted to see if I can find gauges with an almond color background.

The stock plates are for 1 1/2" gauges. I can make a 2 gauge plate for 2 1/16" gauges. The AutoMeter Oldie Goldie gauges are off white in 2 1/16". Equus offers a 1 1/2" set in off white. I believe Freebird has those.

Guest scarylarry
Or....I could do the EXPERIMENTING on yours, and once all the kinks are worked out, then I could do mine.:rotfl::stickpoke:

I'll make ya a deal you can't refuse, you can experiment on my bike and I will :mo money: lunch at McD's and ride up there one Saturday..

Guest scarylarry
http://www.equus.com/products.php?category_id=100

They're available at O'Reilly Auto Parts or online. Around $45.00 I think, for a three gauge set in 1 1/2". Or they're available in electric sender models for $65.00 +.

Will the 1 1/2" tach work as a replacement for one of the other gauges, I'm still studing my choices, with the snow here and work at the airport this will be first day to breath and look at my choices..

I bought my Equus gauges from Amazon. $39.99

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Equus-8100-Triple-Gauge-Kit/dp/B000EVWEKE/ref=sr_1_68?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1266441997&sr=1-68]Amazon.com: Equus 8100 Triple Gauge Kit: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B8WX3R7JL.@@AMEPARAM@@41B8WX3R7JL[/ame]

Edited by Freebird

Will the 1 1/2" tach work as a replacement for one of the other gauges, I'm still studing my choices, with the snow here and work at the airport this will be first day to breath and look at my choices..

I haven't found a tach available in 1 1/2". The Drag Specialties tach is 2" and it won't fit in the space between the other two gauges. I am working on a plate that will work, but the cruise control switch will have to be relocated. Stay tuned.......

Guest scarylarry
I haven't found a tach available in 1 1/2". The Drag Specialties tach is 2" and it won't fit in the space between the other two gauges. I am working on a plate that will work, but the cruise control switch will have to be relocated. Stay tuned.......

Thanks....