Ok, Having a problem with the bike. Seems to be Carbs. Letting it run out at 3/4 throttle it will go to red line just fine. But anytime I am above, say 4k, and crack the throttle to wide open the bike begins to miss over 5k. And I think I can smell fuel. Already did the seafoam bath twice. Any ideas.

Buddy have you removed the gas cap right after

your doing this to see (hear) if you have a clogged

vent on the tank? It will make a loud hiss sound.

I had this happen a couple years

ago and found that the tank was not venting and

had to drill the vent tube on the tank as it clogged

after a while the bike would start missing and die

as it got worse until I popped the gas cap and then it

would run fine for another 50 miles or so.. just a thought.

Let us know what you find out.

Jeff

Mix up mixture of about 1/3 gas and 2/3s Sea-Foam. Shut off gas. I just use something to pinch mine off petcock is stubborn. Use short piece of hose and little funnel. Disconnect fuel line from intake on fuel pump. Attach hose and funnel. Styart bike and run adding mixture untill you are sure carbs are full. Shut off and leave sit at least overnight.

Mix up mixture of about 1/3 gas and 2/3s Sea-Foam. Shut off gas. I just use something to pinch mine off petcock is stubborn. Use short piece of hose and little funnel. Disconnect fuel line from intake on fuel pump. Attach hose and funnel. Styart bike and run adding mixture untill you are sure carbs are full. Shut off and leave sit at least overnight.

Huh, I had never heard of that one til now.. interesting.. (jots notes for things to do next time)

Thanks for the info!

Dan, why not use 100% sea-foam when doing that?

Just wondering.

Jeff

I always mix in a little gas to help with restarting. They don't like to crank on pure Sea-Foam. But I have done it pure Sea=Foam. Of course the longer you leave it sit the better but I'm usually in a hurry when I do it.

Pulled the fuel line and let the bike suck up pure seafoam till it had drank nearly half a can and was barely running. shut it down and let it sit over night. Twice. Didn't work. Still trying to figure this one out.

Heavy SeaFoam will cause the plugs to foul.....

OR...go find a tunnel and turn your ignition off and then back on again while going thru it..... That should clear things up...... :rotf:

Stuck Float? , I know that I was having some of those problems

I did ALL the seafoam in the world, took them carbs apart and

umm what a mess. now this was just me.. not saying that is

your problem, also my floats were at different heights etc.

They have been fine ever since. when that was happing to me

I was having raw fuel coming out of the holes under the exhaust

and dripping onto the floor once in a while. bike only had 4,000

miles on it back then.

Jeff

The OEM rev limit kicks in around 6500. I'm going to pull the plugs tomorrow to see what color they are. Never did do the fuel filter yet but it does not act like a starvation issue.

I guess its more of a bogging down than a miss but cuts in and out.

Fuel cap vents just fine.

Checked the boots and they seem to be seated.

Gonna try the carb cleaner trick around the boots tomorrow just to be sure.

Its still under warranty so I'm not diving into the carbs I'll let the local dealer which has a pretty sharp kid working there do that. I don't like carb like some others here.:rotf: