IGNORED

"The Big Easy" Bike week

Kidh2

Oh man I can't think of a better fit. New Orleans could use the tourism. Plus the food and culture of that place. Plus they know how to handle crowds (Mardi Gras). And it seems that Florida doesn't really want the bikers anyway. Perfect, sure sounds like that would be a ball. Danimal

That's right folks "The Big Easy" otherwise known as New Orleans is hosting this years Bike Week in the place of Myrtle Beach.

May 6th - May 10th, 2009

Check out

www.bikeweekneworleans.com

Our local bike shop has a bunch of leftover shirts from Myrtle Beach 2008...

If that was the last year,that means that they will be collector's item's....

I might have to go make a purchase..E-bay,here I come....:whistling::banana:

There is hope yet...Maybe I will be able to retire at 80 instead of 83....:rotfl::rotfl:

• 2 weeks later...

New Orleans is not that far for me at all...Great I guess we can load up all our spare magazines carry our back-up guns and go on down...after all they are one of the highest crime cities around.

My company moved completely out of that city due to employees were getting mugged going to the parking garage on a regular basis. This was going on almost 2 years after the Katrina and they gave them plenty of chances to get a handle on it including giving them millions of dollars. Had folks refuse to be transfered there. I refused to go to meetings down there.

They built a new office and moved to the north shore.

If you do go...stay alert and STAY SAFE.

I know that crime is bad there, however I live about 65 miles from there and have never had any kind of problem there. I have been to Mardi Gras parades many times and to the superdome for games and just to go eat or goof off and never a problem. I'm not saying it isnt dangerous because I read about it in the papers but I haven't seen it. I do carry a gun when I go, I think people should be careful and alert whereever they are and not be scared, just as I advised people when we had 2 serial killers here a few years back. I think we have another one here now that is killing prostitutes and there is one in Jefferson Davis Parish doing the same thing. Just dont write New Orleans off when crime is rampant in many cities country wide.