IGNORED

Pretty awesome vest.

PITBULL

I usually dont rant about stuff. Thats what I do for the magazine. But I recently did a product review for something that might be of interest to some folks. I know the Ventures have a fairings so its not an issue BUT if you have another ride or have a friend that has a windshield (like on a roadstar) and they keep whining about the buffetting I found something that works... well... to kill that wind. Its a vest that .....well...kills the wind.

http://www.jacksflaps.com/index.htm

I recently got one because the wind ripping around the sheild was pushing my beard up into my face. It works really well. If you decide that you are interested I HIGHLY reccommend that you call and talk to Jack personally. Hes a stand up guy with a good product. Check it out for yourself. Im done babbling..sorry.

That's a cool looking vest - interesting.
but how long are those flaps good for?? I imagine that the vest getting beat up by the wind makes for some fast wear and tear. But I'm not interested in something that simple, I want something complicated and real expensive. A/C on a bike and a suit you can wear like an astronaut that you can plug the A/C into for wearing on a real hot day, real cool man!!:whistling:

Yeaah........What Lone Eagle said! Ive come very near losing both (not at the same time mind you) a ball cap and a dew-rag. Hmmmm, might have to get off my wallet one more time.:mo money:

And Rich....I swear I'm not hallucinating, but I remember seeing something, somewhere that someone had come up with exactly that....A/C for M/Cs. It must have been before I bought an actual touring bike, because i didn't copy any of the info. (which I usually do for stuff I'm even remotely interested in) Then again, I turned 60 yesterday (yeah..9/11) and I could be having a very senior moment!!!!!

Edited by autopilot

Guest Vermincelli
. But I'm not interested in something that simple, I want something complicated and real expensive.:whistling:

Then I have just the thing, it's called a 1st Gen. :D

Guest Vermincelli

On a serious note, there have been a few designs for A/C units for bikes. One was an israeli prototype that mounts a small compressor to the back of the bike and then ran a hose to a cooling vest.

http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enZone=Technology&enDisplay=view&enPage=BlankPage&enDispWhat=object&enDispWho=Articles%5El804

another one, which I liked the idea of, was a compressor system mounted in a tank bag style case with vents to blow on the rider or hose to vest.

Haven't heard anything about either though for awhile.

Then I have just the thing, it's called a 1st Gen. :D
I bought a 83 Venture brand new for $5,699.00 and had it for 16 1/2 years, best bike I ever owned. Hated to give it up (had 106k on it), but it was just the straight Venture, and I told myself I just wanted one more new:whistling: bike with all the bells and whistles. The 99 RSV has 95k on it now and will probably be the last bike I ever own, so I hope their right about these 2nd gens getting 200k or better before they start getting tired.