IGNORED

HID install pics, plus some extras

Here is the basic install of the HID lighting system. Also tossed in a few pics of the Argus Battery Bug location and the future Digital Gauge location. Didnt have enough time to finish it today. Also my new LED lights in the rear....Also the SkyDoc R1 conversion and VMAX splitter along with the SS lines. And the reason why I dont need an alarm system.....

Edited by Ruffy

Ruffy, where did you get the LED's that are upright next to you saddlebags? They look to be run and brake lights.I really like them and would like to know part # and where they were purchased along with price. Thanks.

Ruffy, where did you get the LED's that are upright next to you saddlebags? They look to be run and brake lights.I really like them and would like to know part # and where they were purchased along with price. Thanks.

http://www.customdynamics.com/stingerz_led_accent_lights.htm

I ordered two 30 LED strips and related channels, along with the wiring kit for run/brake light conversion. About 85.00 altogether.

Hey Hotrod, I just bought some strips from Oznium that are only about $70 (I've bought a lot of lights from Custom Dynamics, too). I have yet to receive them, but, I'm getting two 3' long ones and will wire them up as brakes only (for more contrast). I'm going to run them where Ruffy has his, but, will run all the way along that chrome piece behind the saddlebags. That way they'll be seen even from the side. They have adhesive backing, so just peel & stick. That means about 28", so, I'll have to cut some off, but, I'd rather do that than be too short with the 2' long ones. If you only go with the 2' long strips, you'll only pay about $50.

http://www.customdynamics.com/stingerz_led_accent_lights.htm

I ordered two 30 LED strips and related channels, along with the wiring kit for run/brake light conversion. About 85.00 altogether.

Couldn't believe it when I saw yours, Ruffy. I guess great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

Just another thought on the HID install: Having ridden it at night now for several nights I just am amazed at how much light this headlight now puts out. I have a nice wider and longer path of light. Makes it seem almost like daylight. This has to be one of the best mods I have done yet. Makes my night riding vision better.

hi ruffy

boomer had his hid installed at brad & lonna's open house last saturday afternoon. man that night WOW what a change. i liked it so much i ordered a kit for my bike. hopefully it will be here before the ride to giga's mx day up in mckinny, tx.

don c.

I ordered my HID from the Canadians onna Monday morning....it arrived in Thursdays mail....only 4 days!!

Boomer.....who will be posting a report soon on the night riding with the HID.

Been a month with mine on the bike and I can report that you should very much like it.. aim it properly and you'll be impressed at how much light it tosses out in front of you.. ;)

Been a month with mine on the bike and I can report that you should very much like it.. aim it properly and you'll be impressed at how much light it tosses out in front of you.. ;)

Yea, Boomer will be surprised at just how many pygmies there are out there at night....:smile5:

Yea, Boomer will be surprised at just how many pygmies there are out there at night....:smile5:

Oh geeze.....them little runts give me enuff grief during the daylight hours!!

Boomer....who's gonna cut a deal with ICE and get these little suckers deported....to Owen's house in Texas cuz I know he would appreciate having to look DOWN when he chews the fat with those little runts.:banana:

• 4 weeks later...

Did any one have a problem reinstalling the weather seal on the back of the headlight when you did this conversion? The bulb seems to be too large to let the seal go over it or do you just cut a slit in it to get it to fit or leave it off. I am in the middle of the install and wanted to see what every one else did. Thanks.

Did any one have a problem reinstalling the weather seal on the back of the headlight when you did this conversion? The bulb seems to be too large to let the seal go over it or do you just cut a slit in it to get it to fit or leave it off. I am in the middle of the install and wanted to see what every one else did. Thanks.

I left mine off.

I installed two of these lights (me first hehe) in RSV and didn't have any probs with the weather seal. Just take your time and get things lined up.. it's not too difficult.

I wouldn't leave it off, I ride in the rain too often to risk it. Do you have the light bucket out of the bike when you're doing this?

Forgot to mention.. I've had mine on for 2 months now and rode the bike through the eastern USA on a 7500 mile road trip through all kinds of weather and road conditions and I must say.. wow.. what a great light to have on the bike..

If NOTHING else, it will get you noticed by oncoming traffic! Many a times we pulled into a service station off the freeway and the driver in front of us commented how annoyingly bright they were.. "good, at least you saw us.." And this was during the day time. I can only imagine how noticeable they are at night. You can tell how well they grab attention by how cars hesitate to pull out in front of you..

Bright, solid and reliable. I'm impressed.

I figured it out.I went back and reread the other thread by Seaking about removing the headlight completely.After I did that I realized you had to twist the back where the bulb sits and it will seperate from the holder.Then you can slide the rubber protector over the bulb and then twist and lock back into the holder.This bulb is bright.I had a silverstar bulb previously and this is much brighter than it was, and draws less wattage.Couldn't ask for better.I haven't had a chance to ride and test it out on the road yet,but I think that this may be the best $63 I have spent on this bike so far. I just hope it lasts as long as they say.For the price, I may order another just to have on hand.

get these little suckers deported....to Owen's house in Texas cuz I know he would appreciate having to look DOWN when he chews the fat with those little runts.:banana:

Oh that's cold. See, I told ya you shouldn't mess with the Chief.

Ya done it now, Owen.

I figured it out.I went back and reread the other thread by Seaking about removing the headlight completely.After I did that I realized you had to twist the back where the bulb sits and it will seperate from the holder.Then you can slide the rubber protector over the bulb and then twist and lock back into the holder.This bulb is bright.I had a silverstar bulb previously and this is much brighter than it was, and draws less wattage.Couldn't ask for better.I haven't had a chance to ride and test it out on the road yet,but I think that this may be the best $63 I have spent on this bike so far. I just hope it lasts as long as they say.For the price, I may order another just to have on hand.

Its very bright yes. What's good about it also is that if you're going away on a long road trip, bring a typical H4 bulb with you as a spare, you can simply disable the HID and use your stock bulb back as it was before. No worries. How ever, with the abuse we put our bikes through on this past trip, I think the system will last a while.

Scott in BC who sells the items stated that if you were to receive a lemon system, it would fail within the first 5 hours of use.. Once you've gone past the 5 to 10 hours and nothing's happened, you can pretty well rest assured the system will work for a long time.

Worth every penny.

What is a HID light?

High Intensity Discharge. Your typical light on your bike runs 55 / 65 watts for high-lo beams. An HID puts out a heck of a lot more light at only 35 watts. The version I installed is a single bulb HI LO beam by means of an actuator that moves the bulb into a receptacle to make it show more or less light, thus making it a single bulb HI LO. Only $50-60 and dirt simple to install. These are insanely bright..

Here's another line you can add to your signature:

You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Cheers

ediddy,it came from www.canadiancruisercustomizing,com. This light is very bright. I ordered the 5000k because of what I had read in another thread by Buddy Rich.They also sell a 6000k at the same price, $49, which I thought was really cheap. I looked at another one at custom dynamics that looks like the same one and it was $159.I paid $63 total shipped to NW Fla.It is all plug and play except for running a dedicated hot wire.Just do a search for HID in the Second Generation forum and it should pull up Seakings original post.It took 8 days from when I ordered it to receive it.I thought that was pretty quick.

Edited by Hotrod