IGNORED

J&M CB radio

starkruzen

I was looking at purchasing the J&M radio for my RSTD but I was shocked on how much they cost! I wanted the unit for dual riders and it's $359.00! Is it made of gold or something? Does anyone have any experiece with this unit and how do you like it? Can you give me the Good and the Bad about this unit? Does the am/Fm radio work good? I use a shorty helmet a Scorpin 100 and I was concerned about wind noise and the microphone...is that an issue with this product. Any information, good or bad would be appreciate greatly.

Thanks

mark:think:

If he doesn't chime in, you may want to drop Dr_bar a message. He had a unit (I believe it was a J&M unit, but it was a while ago that I saw it) on his Valkyrie. The little that I used it, it seemed to work pretty well. He can be much more informative than I am on it though.

Good luck!

Our family has two J&M's, and I know about half a dozen other people. They are great units, and well built. Just priced the add-on factory CB for a victory Vision and it is $650 BEFORE labor and without several cables that you probably need. I don't think I will buy the Vision, but it was fun to look at.

Price true CB radio's made to withstand weather, vibration, with proper mounts, all the wiring and a built in weather radio and intercom if you choose that option.

Also, I don't think you can get it with AM-FM radio, but all you need to do is get an MP3 player with radio and you have it.

Yea, they are pricey, but they are worth it, we love ours. MUCH better than a cobbled up system and more versatile than an FRS setup.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMCB-2003-DU&PF=24

If you read the fine print, it does not include the head sets-wiring-brackets-CB antenna or coax cable ETC. So your looking at more $$$$:buttkick:.. I too am looking at this package deal as well..

$400 at Sierra with mount and antenna. They require dual mode headsets, not the cheap condenser mic models. Add 2 (low end, dual mode) headsets at $136 each. $672 ready to use.

I ride with people that have J&M CB radios. They seem to work very well.

I just ordered this unit for a single rider (about $50.00 less) with mounting brackets and a lower cord for the headset I already have. I got the unit from Sierra-MC and the antenna from another company. Total was $405.80.

I'll need to make a bracket for the antenna for Jan's bike but that's it.

Dave

We tried the cheap stuff for Marilyns bike. They didnt work and we ended up with the same system as you are looking at. We liked it so much we cut the cable accidently last year in Arkansas and had to buy a new head assembly for it!

It works great and Mom and daughter can talk with each other and listen to tunes..she plugs her satelite radio into it. Plus she knows whats going on and can talk with the other riders. Its a worthwhile investment in my opinion.

I have one on my royal star and one on my wife's vstar 1100. great communcation, easy to install. real good value for the money. She hooks he ipod up and i hook the GPS up. I have to connect the power wire to another source as I am getting a lot of engine noise on the RSTD. thats what you get for listening to others.

WOW!! I just installed the J&M cb radio on Jan's bike and I am very impressed. I put on a Firefly 3' antenna with adjustable tip. I adjusted the SWR in just a few minutes and it broadcasts and receives better than the Venture radio, about 4 miles from inside my garage.

First road trip this Saturday.

Dave

I was looking at purchasing the J&M radio for my RSTD but I was shocked on how much they cost! I wanted the unit for dual riders and it's $359.00! Is it made of gold or something? Does anyone have any experiece with this unit and how do you like it? Can you give me the Good and the Bad about this unit? Does the am/Fm radio work good? I use a shorty helmet a Scorpin 100 and I was concerned about wind noise and the microphone...is that an issue with this product. Any information, good or bad would be appreciate greatly.

Thanks

mark:think:

If you are interested in a used single rider one I know a fella fhat has one for sale cheap. the hole thing includes head set antena mounting kit for a HD sportster for $ 200.00 Can.

Ride safe Bob

Plus shipping

Edited by bigbob
more info