IGNORED

Goldie Finally Runs!!!!!

bongobobny

Not 100% sure of this, but it seems as it's been the neutral switch all along! Just conducts enough to light the dash but not enough to energise the sidestand relay! All this time it has been on the sidestandwith the neutral light on, but no spark. In order to change the vacuum lines and carb mounts I've had it on the center stand. Finally got done with all that stuff and decided to do some serious electricaql troubleshooting. Measuerd the resistance on the neutral switch to ground and found about 20 ohms or so. Reminded me of when my kickstaqnd switch went out, wasn't open, but had around 6-8 ohms, enough to kill the starting circuit. Soooo, long story short, put the kickstand up, used the clutch to start, and within 30 seconds it was running!! Very rough, but runing. I wonder if 2-3 year old gas has anything to do with it?!!? It has new plugs but they may be somewhat fouled out already. A full tank of High test and a can of seafoam should do something, followed by new plugs again!

OK did a little primary teoubleshooting, #1 cylinder not firing. Exhaust header is stone cold. Pulled the plug wire aqnd put it on another new plug and there is spark. Put that new plug in but no difference. I'm thinking carb problem, probably a diaphragm as when I rev it up and watch the carbs it almost looks like I see a mist or spray coming from the slider on #1 but not on the others. I'll do a compression test Monday if I can convince Wizard765 or Marcarl to bring a tester with them when they come visit.

Have to go back to work Tuesday for a couple of weeks before they oerate on my right cateract...