IGNORED

Holy crap!

zooer

It got warm enough for me to wander outside today!!! Started "UGLY" up and listened to the music for a while. Cold natured as usual but that girl can sing to you once she gets warmed up. I really got the itch for spring this year. Seems i've taken a couple yrs off. Ready to change that I think... Might even ride to texas. Probally not but the thought is there. I'm gonna do some riding.

Got to ride in to work today with the temps topping out at 7 degrees this morning here in Manassas, VA.

Yeah my bike was very cold natured this morning but once I got to I-95 and got up to 80 mph she was singing.

Heck only got frostbite on four of ten fingers so it was a good ride :hihi: I really have to look into some heated gloves if the temps don't start to go up soon. Either that or move to the Florida Keys :draming:

Took until 1:00 to get the pipes thawed out so I had water. Then put more insulation on them. I Hate Winter!!!!!

Now that I got that out of my system.

Friday night 4 degrees out, midnight, drove over some railroad tracks and heard a boom, then flap flap flap. Punched a big hole in the side wall. Limped up to a local bar and Grill that I know everyone at and asked for a ride home. Did not want to deal with it that night.

THANKS to Cap'n Quirk, I called him Saturday morning to give me a ride to change the tire,. When he got to my house I was bad off, sugar was up to 395 and he said I was pertly much out of it. He went up and put my spare on for me. Thanks again.

Tire was $152.00-balance-taxes. 225x60x17 not cheap. Once again

I Hate Winter.

:draming:

I got a ride in today, took off work at lunchtime, came home got on the Brownie and went to town for lunch with the wife.

Temps were around 60 this afternoon a little windy but a great ride, I filled the tank and put in a dose of sea foam, next ride is this weekend, a few of us are going to Cruces for a little fun.

Got to ride in to work today with the temps topping out at 7 degrees this morning here in Manassas, VA.

Yeah my bike was very cold natured this morning but once I got to I-95 and got up to 80 mph she was singing.

Heck only got frostbite on four of ten fingers so it was a good ride :hihi: I really have to look into some heated gloves if the temps don't start to go up soon. Either that or move to the Florida Keys :draming:

I ride to work every day in Chattanooga, TN. Last year my hands caught hell even though I had some great snow mobile gloves. Read a lot about heated grips and heated gloves and was not satisfied they would do the trick in the teens. This year I bought these http://www.bikerhaven.net/servlet/the-8193/National-Cycle-national-cycles/Detail I no longer have to do the defrost routine on my fingers anymore when it gets below 20 out there. Fantastic investment and they look great to!!

I ride to work every day in Chattanooga, TN. Last year my hands caught hell even though I had some great snow mobile gloves. Read a lot about heated grips and heated gloves and was not satisfied they would do the trick in the teens. This year I bought these http://www.bikerhaven.net/servlet/the-8193/National-Cycle-national-cycles/Detail I no longer have to do the defrost routine on my fingers anymore when it gets below 20 out there. Fantastic investment and they look great to!!

Not sure these will work on the First Gen but the notion does give me an idea. Thanks

OK folks...I don't remember if I ever actually told this story here or if I told it one night at Maintenance Day but here it is.

It was a dark and stormy night...

no...that was another one....OH YEA

About 15 or so years ago, there was a group of us in NE Texas that leased some property on the Texas and Louisiana state line that we used for deer hunting. This was up in the NE Corner of the state near a little town named Kildair, close to Shreveport, LA. I was probably on that lease for about 10 years and we always had a great time. We had a large area cleared out where we would circle our campers and have a fire in the center of the circle during the evenings.

Now a lot of folks don't realize that it DOES get cold in NE Texas. Not the -20 and etc. that we get in the north but it is not unusual to see temperatures in the single digits accompanied by brisk winds and high humidity which can result in some very cold evenings.

This incident happened on one of those cold evenings. It was a brisk night with the temperatures hovering around the 5 degree F mark with periods of sleet off and on all day. We had a decent day hunting and there were two or three deer hanging in the camp. We had cut up a bit of the meat and made a fantastic deer chili. There is just nothing like good venison chili cooked outdoors on an open campfire. Done up in true Texas fashion with plenty of cayenne as well as jalapeno peppers. Good and spicy.

We were all standing around the campfire with our stomachs full of spicy chili and having a great cup of coffee while discussing the days hunt. I noticed that my buddy Berk was a bit distracted as he shifted from one foot to the other. He finally seemed to settle down but it was soon after that that I noticed him rolling something around with his boot. I couldn't tell what it was but it looked like a hickory nut or a buckeye....something like that. He continued to roll it around with his boot and eventually just kicked it into the fire.

I didn't think much more of it and had actually forgotten all about it when suddenly there was a loud "POP" . It was so loud that we all jumped and more than a couple of us dumped our coffee. It almost sounded like a gunshot but we had a strict rule of no loaded guns in camp and this was a very safe group so that didn't make sense.

It was only a few moments later when there arose such a stink that we were all backing away from each other and trying to figure out WHO had cut the big one. I suspected though that it was even worse than that. Remembering how uneasy Berk had seemed earlier, I immediately pointed at him and asked if he had actually crapped his pants. I honestly thought that MAYBE the chili hadn't set well with him and had caused him some real problems.

Well, he assured all of us that he had NOT crapped his pants but we could tell by his embarrassment that he WAS the culprit behind this ordeal. He finally admitted that the chili had indeed caused him some severe gas. Apparently he finally decided that he had to let it go. Much to his surprise though, when he tried to release the gas, no gas came out but instead, a big ball rolled down his pants leg and onto the ground.

That's what I had seen him rolling around with his foot and finally kick into the campfire.

IT WAS A FROZEN FART!

It finally exploded when he kicked it into the fire and thus the loud pop and awful odor.

Now THAT my friends, was one of the coldest nights I had ever experienced.

If you think THAT'S a tall tale...well....just hold my beer and watch THIS.