IGNORED

Brake hose description / list ?

Hi,

Was browsing ebay the other day and came across this

Turns out its a local firm who say they make SS brake lines to order.

I emailed and asked for a quote on a full set x 2 of first gen SS brake lines, since a cursory read of the ebay description implies that they have bike specific knowledge related to XVZ13's.

They say though, that they don't have ANY bike specific info, and I'll have to order everything a la carte so to speak. A bit misleading but OK I didn't read far enough down.

Not wanting to re invent the wheel, I looked in the tech library for a list or description of some kind describing all the requisite brake hoses and fittngs, but I don't find one. Have I missed it? Is there such a thing already compiled in some kind someone's private archives who'd like to share? If so, it would save me a bit of work and would be a great thing to post in the tech section.

Thanks,

Brian H.

Hey

I too talked to the guy at rennsport and was told that they would do any line for under $19.00. since there are 5 lines to replace in the brake system in a Gen 1 MkII, I'm looking to buy them too. I haven't taken the lines apart yet to measure them and find out the angles, but at $95.00 vs $237.00. I will find out what I need and order. If you want or if you find b-4 me, plz let me know. I also bought a set of brakes off e-bay and plan to exchange them with a pair of sintered pads. Life is good. All for less than $170.00. ( $30 for the calipers, $45 for the pads, $95 for the stainless lines and they come in a lot of different colors.:dancefool:Ken

Here is a list of lines I have from my 1st gen 83.

I would treat these numbers as reference only. I tried to get accurate measurements though.

Rear Master to rear caliper.

18 3/8" from C/L to C/L of banjo fittings.

One banjo fitting @ 15 deg.

Both banjo fittings rotated @ 90 deg. to each other

45183.jpg

Rear Master to front steel line at rear master.

4 3/4" from face of 10mm fitting to C/L of banjo fitting.

Banjo fitting @ 15 deg.

45160.jpg

Front metering valve to front caliper. (This line is from a 1988 bike with the upper bleeder port).

8 5/16" from face of 10mm fitting at top bleeder to C/L of double banjo fitting. This segment would be eliminated for 83-85 models without upper bleeder port if desired.

33 3/4" from C/L of double banjo fitting to C/L of banjo fitting at brake caliper.

Banjo fitting at brake caliper @ 15 deg.

Bottom banjo fitting is rotated @ 90 deg to double banjo fitting.

45157.jpg

Front master to brake caliper.

44 1/4" C/L to C/L of banjo fittings.

Top banjo fitting @ 15 deg.

Bottom banjo fitting @ 15 deg.

Two banjo fittings are in line with a combined angle of 30 deg.

45155.jpg

Anti dive valve. (MKI only)

11 1/2" C/L to C/L of banjo fittings.

45159.jpg

Top clutch line

22 1/2" C/L of banjo fitting to face of 10 mm fitting.

Banjo fitting @ 15 deg.

45161.jpg

Lower Clutch line

8 1/2" C/L of banjo fitting to face of 10 mm fitting.

45158.jpg

Edited by Freebird
Added rear brake line