IGNORED

All hail the speed bleeder

IF YOU ALL HAVEN'T TRIED THE SPEED BLEEDER YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING. I WISH I WAS SMART ENUFF TO COME UP WITH THIS. REPLACED ALL 4 BLEEDERS TONIGHT, FLUSHED OLD FLUID BEFORE I COULD FINISH MY SECOND BEER... IF YOU DON'T HAVE'M GO GET'EM.... THEY ARE AWESOME.....:guitarist 2: SPEEDBLEEDER.COM BABEEE

IF YOU ALL HAVEN'T TRIED THE SPEED BLEEDER YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING. I WISH I WAS SMART ENUFF TO COME UP WITH THIS. REPLACED ALL 4 BLEEDERS TONIGHT, FLUSHED OLD FLUID BEFORE I COULD FINISH MY SECOND BEER... IF YOU DON'T HAVE'M GO GET'EM.... THEY ARE AWESOME.....:guitarist 2: SPEEDBLEEDER.COM BABEEE

Look like the same ones I've had on my bike for a few years ;)

Don't tell the wife it is so easy, or you will be stuck with it always being a less than 2 beer job. If you start on Sunday afternoon (and have a TV in the shop/garage) you could theoretically extend the bleeding to both afternoon NFL games and a whole 6 pack.

"Brake bleeding is for safety reasons - really, it is dear"

RR

Don't tell the wife it is so easy, or you will be stuck with it always being a less than 2 beer job. If you start on Sunday afternoon (and have a TV in the shop/garage) you could theoretically extend the bleeding to both afternoon NFL games and a whole 6 pack.

"Brake bleeding is for safety reasons - really, it is dear"

RR

Now that is a man that is thinking!! I have to start "ugly" often cause the carbs will gunk up on these bikes if you don't. And just leaving it sit in the drive running don't make sense. May as well ride a little if it has to be running.:whistling: :innocent:

• 9 years later...
Look like the same ones I've had on my bike for a few years ;)

So I am trying to get my new calipers and braided steel lines bleed and thought I would order some of the self bleeders. Can anyone confirm my size measurement of the bleeders. I think what we have is 8mm by 1.25 thread pitch. Anyone confirm this?

So I am trying to get my new calipers and braided steel lines bleed and thought I would order some of the self bleeders. Can anyone confirm my size measurement of the bleeders. I think what we have is 8mm by 1.25 thread pitch. Anyone confirm this?

The link provided in the first post in this thread takes you to Speed Bleeder's website, here is a link to the Motorcycle specific ones, scroll down to Yamaha and find your bike.

http://speedbleeder.com/Motorcycle%20Sizes.htm

If you have a Royal Star Venture it says front ones use a 7mm x 1.00 and the rear and the clutch uses 8mm x 1.25, the clutch needs to be a short one.

Edit: I just looked at your profile and it shows you have 88 XV1300, the chart says all Yamahas before 2001 use 8mm x 1.25, got confused because this thread is in the 99 to 13 Tech talk section.

I will say these are a very good investment, just put them on my Goldwing and they work great.

Edited by M61A1MECH

I bet I'm one of their best consumer customers. I have Speed-Bleeders on ever bike I own...and a couple that I've sold. The best bang for the buck you can install on your Venture... Had a new one that leaked in the clutch slave the morning before I left for Cody in '09, and they sent out another by rocket, but couldn't wait around pulled one off another bike and it's still on there.... :thumbsup2: