IGNORED

'86 royale idle circuit???

can anyone tell me, at what R.P.M., the idle circuit drops off and the main carb circuit takes over?

my problem is, if i can't get my engine to idle, then 4 gallons of pure sea foam, isn't going to clean the idle jets, and other idle circuit components.

just jt

Idle Circuit is always active. That's because the individual Circuits stack up depending on Load/Throttle Position.

Of Course the Idle has more or less Influence on the overall Mixture. The next Circuit steps in at 1200-1300 RpM. That's the Pilot Jet inside the Carb Bowl.

If you haven't done it yet, you could try to clean the Pilot Air Jet #1 in the Carb Throat. Ondo the Lid of the Airbox, take the Filter out out look down the Airhorn to the Carb Throat. There are several Holes to be seen, one is big and oval, on is just plain a Hole and in one Hole you can see the Slot for a Screwdriver, that's PAJ#1. Spray Carb cleaner into the Jet, let it sit for some Time and blow it out with the Airgun. Be careful not to point into the oval Hole, this will lift the Slider and probably tear the Diaphragm apart when you use too much Pressure there. Prepare for Fuel spitting out of other Holes, so be careful and lay your Smoke or Pipe aside before blowing the Jets.

If that doesn't help either, you should prepare yourself for a full Carb Service.

can anyone tell me, at what R.P.M., the idle circuit drops off and the main carb circuit takes over?

my problem is, if i can't get my engine to idle, then 4 gallons of pure sea foam, isn't going to clean the idle jets, and other idle circuit components.

just jt

Sounds like the PAJ2 I think the very small pilot jets may be clogged they clog easy. You have to take the carbs out and open them to clean them they are in the jet block. I had to poke a bristle brush through them to clean them Seafaom didnt work. I have since changed mine to 42.5 instead of the 37.5's idles nicer and you actually get an idle change when adjusting the screw never happened too much with the 37.5's

Not running the bike weekly or at least every other week. Seals dry out eventually (fork then brakes then engine), carbs gum up in as little as 2 weeks, batteries need recharging.

Fork oil leaks onto the brake calipers then onto the pads. The idle circuits are very small plugging up first, so it won't idle. Batteries can discharge up to 1% per day.

I've rebuilt several bikes including my Venture, guess what I do first: Battery, carbs, fork seals.., then fix all the screw ups previous owners did.