IGNORED

Sturgis Rally + Pie Butt 26.2 2016...

cowpuc

Gotta go in for more sinus reaming on Tuesday this week - most recent Cat Scan showed some issues but NO Meninga Seal leaking so hoping this time goes ok..

If everything goes well and my other health issues are in agreement, I am thinking of checking out our campground on the open prairie near Sturgis.. Anyone else thinking of heading out this year? Was GREAT to see everyone last year = be fun to hook up again :thumbsup:

Planning on heading that way. If it works out, we should meet earlier and head up to Spur Creek Saloon. Its only about 8 miles up the road. Nice place to relax on a working cattle ranch. Not crowded and really neat

Planning on heading that way. If it works out, we should meet earlier and head up to Spur Creek Saloon. Its only about 8 miles up the road. Nice place to relax on a working cattle ranch. Not crowded and really neat

Cover charge?

VentureFar is not venturing far this summer. Just did a round trip to Denver to see my daughter for Father's Day and that is about it for a long one this summer. It was great to give you and Tip a hug last Sturgis! We will connect again soon I hope.

Neil

VentureFar...

Hope so, where is this campground?

We meet at the Blue Line Diner in Newell for pie and ice cream sometime during the rally. Newell is 26.2 from Sturgis when you Google it. Hence the 26.2..... I think people would like the Spur Creek Saloon as well. It is a log cabin style bar on a working cattle ranch. They do a lot of parties and weddings as well. Cool place

Hope so, where is this campground?

If your talking about my "campground" statement @NewbeeMC9 - I have a spot on the open prairie I have camped on for many years now - about mile from the Chip - squatted on it long enough now that it's called "Puc's Place".. If you would like an exact location just let me know and I will get you direction and maybe even a sattelite shot if I can figure out how to do that again.. If you are asking where we finally all end up for the Pie Butt 26.2 - please see BJ's response below..

Hey Puc

Lucretia and I are hoping to head back this year. We need to get a meeting place like last year set up. Hope to see everybody there.

Bill

Wassup @jakester !!!! The Yamaha Shop worked pretty good I thought - how bout you? Accomplishing the task of becoming a Pie Butt rider is a lot safer and funner if done in a group:big-grin-emoticon:

Anyway ya skin it brother - it's always a great time seeing friends at a zoo like Sturgis - HOPE YOU FOLKS ARE ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT AGAIN AND US TOO - BE GREAT TO SEE YOU AND LUCRETIA AGAIN!!

We meet at the Blue Line Diner in Newell for pie and ice cream sometime during the rally. Newell is 26.2 from Sturgis when you Google it. Hence the 26.2..... I think people would like the Spur Creek Saloon as well. It is a log cabin style bar on a working cattle ranch. They do a lot of parties and weddings as well. Cool place

Thanks for the fill in about no cover charge BJ - trying to stay on top of expenses for all who might be interested.. Another quick question in making sure our meeting place will work for all,, I know that last year a couple of our riders had some health issues going on that required them to be extremely careful about the type of surface they rode in on - needed to stay on level pavement as much as possible... The Diner worked perfect for this as they had pavement parking available. Not trying to be persnickedy but just trying to stay ahead of ol Murph on this - any idea of what kind ingress/egress and parking Spur Creek has? I just dont want to limit access to the fun for anyone that happens to read this thread and wants to be part of it all BJ... :thumbsup:

Friend and I made it out that way last summer on two 84's, but one week before Sturgis Rally. Nonetheless, enjoyed Black Hills scenic touring, and then homeward.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106227[/ATTACH]

:scared: OUTSTANDING 17!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Now THAT'S what I am talking about brother!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:think:,,, hold on here,, on know somebody who absolutely MUST see those two GORGEOUS BLUE MK1's sitting there!! He's gonna go :178: bug eyed blind - watch this:big-grin-emoticon:

@Yammer Dan,,, got something you just gotta see :big-grin-emoticon:

Parking lot at Spur Creek Saloon is gravel. Last year owner put some pea rock/shale over the top. I suppose with weddings and such it helped with mud on dress shoes and gowns etc. I know we mentioned it to one of the hired men and he said we were not the first guys on bikes to say something. So hopefully he doesn't throw down a bunch more pea rock before the rally this year. I was out there 3 different times last year during the rally and got along fine, a guy just needs to pay attention. It wasn't terrible bad, but I understand the concern.

:scared: OUTSTANDING 17!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Now THAT'S what I am talking about brother!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

:think:,,, hold on here,, on know somebody who absolutely MUST see those two GORGEOUS BLUE MK1's sitting there!! He's gonna go :178: bug eyed blind - watch this:big-grin-emoticon:

@Yammer Dan,,, got something you just gotta see :big-grin-emoticon:

2 BLUE 84s!!! Heaven must be like that!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

2 BLUE 84s!!! Heaven must be like that!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

We piled on about 12,000 km (about 7500 mi) during our two-week trip. Second gear started to go on my bike in Winnipeg, but other than that we had an excellent time. Saw lots of country, friends and good weather. Fixed 2nd gear this past winter, so on the road again, but much shorter trips planned this summer. I'm sure my friend's bike will hit the second gear issue soon too. He says he plans to park and shoot it!

We piled on about 12,000 km (about 7500 mi) during our two-week trip. Second gear started to go on my bike in Winnipeg, but other than that we had an excellent time. Saw lots of country, friends and good weather. Fixed 2nd gear this past winter, so on the road again, but much shorter trips planned this summer. I'm sure my friend's bike will hit the second gear issue soon too. He says he plans to park and shoot it :scared::scared::scared:!

No no,, dont shoot the poor thing - there's just gotta be somebody out there that will gladly short shift the poor thing for another 200k miles or more :big-grin-emoticon:

Lucretia and I will head out Friday the 5th. We will take two days to arrive, so Saturday afternoon sometime 3 or 4ish when we get there. The trip is just shy of 1000 miles one way. About three years ago I went (by myself) and came home in one day, 16 and half hours straight through. I was ready to climb off the bike when I got home.

Bill