IGNORED

Got bike. Left saddle bag lid won't open

I said something about this in my post about getting my bike. When I picked it up this morning I didn't open the left saddlebag. Got home and I can't open it. The lid sits on cockeyed. I noticed in the pictures the dealer sent the lips was cockeyed then. Any help? The one picture is from the dealer and you can see that it was this way before I got the bike.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had something similar happen to me while on a trip. I was up in Canada, passport in right bag and when I got to hotel I couldnt get in right bag. I was paniced bad. What had happened was when I closed the bag something got in way and made the trip lever not latch around the "loop" instead it latched under it or something.

Try to figure out if it is latched or just hung under it. The lids are somewhat plyable so you bend it some to try to push down to get it loose or whatever. I couldnt get my "plunger" to go down far enough to release the lactch. It took some work and probably an hour or so to get it unlached. I would work on it, then walk away and clear my head instead of get frustrated and mess something up.

Maybe something in the gap to keep it from pushing down while you mash the button.

I had my lid get stuck one time because it was cockeyed because I had over loaded it. Keep pushing down on the release and releasing it repeatedly (in unlocked position) and move the lid around as much as you can. If you get it right, you can get it loose. Look at the mechanism on the right bag to get an idea of how the mechanism works and press down/twist the lid on the left bag. You might need help (takes three hands).

• 2 weeks later...