IGNORED

Air Deflectors

Guest razazee

Guest razazee

I just bought a new RSV. I am looking for a solution to reducing the air flow off my upper legs. Is there a vent / deflector out there to cut some of the air? In the summer, not a problem. In the winter, I can see this will be a cold spot on my legs. I checked the Yamaha catalog and they have a set that mount on the outside of the lower fairing. This is great for the lower legs.

Thanks.

Edited by razazee

I have the ones from Star/Yamaha. They are good for the lower legs but nothing really helps on the flow between the upper and lower fairing. Another feller once said he uses the knee pads like carpet layers use and they keep his knees warm in winter.

Good luck

Craig

A few of us have chrome WindWings that mount to one of the front dog-bone bolts and position along the tank just in front of your knees. They used to be available from DiamondR, but not any more. Keep your eyes posted and you might find a set used. My brother is looking for them too! :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

• 7 months later...
A few of us have chrome WindWings that mount to one of the front dog-bone bolts and position along the tank just in front of your knees. They used to be available from DiamondR, but not any more. Keep your eyes posted and you might find a set used. My brother is looking for them too! :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Does anyone have pictures they can post of these wind/air deflectors? If I can see the location, size, mounting and angles, I may be able to fabricate them? If they're quick and easy enough to make, I'll possibly make a bunch? I've seen the Bakerwings and the knee pad idea, but I'm looking for other possible options. I'm not going to wait till it warms up!

My lower deflectors are great too, but my knees are still the only part that gets cold.

Cheers,

Thanks! Now that I know what it looks like, that deflector makes sense. I don't know why they aren't available anymore? I think a lot of people with a RSV up in the northern part of the US and Canada would appreciate them.

:think:

So I don't re-invent the wheel, does anyone have a pic of the brackets and or just a close-up of the deflector and bracket already installed?

Thanks again,

• 5 years later...

I came across this RSV ad on you tube, the bike has two sets of wind deflectors on the leg fairings adjustable ones on the side and molded ones on top.

I don't know who makes them but they look very nice , wouldn't mind having these on my bike.

I think there is a member here that makes the upper ones or something similar but I couldn't find that thread, maybe some one will post it.

here is the you tube link.