IGNORED

Anybody heard from Beer 30

Nighthawk II

Hey, with Hanna drawing a bead on the N.C. coast I was wondering if Gene was getting ready for the storm? I know it's a tropical storm, but the winds are still about 65mph. I was just wondering about him and Beer 24/7 since they are in the projected area of land fall. If anyone hears from them please let us know. And if anyone else is in that area let us know about them also.

Yeah, I didn't think you all would be too worried about Hanna. She'll probably be a lot of rain and a little wind. I hope and pray that Ike looses his strength before he get's there.

BTW, I have a brother who lives in Beaulaville. He's a County Sheriff's Deputy and a City Officer there. Sgt.on both forces. So you all put on your rain bonnets and we'll pray for no damage for you all.

I'ze is still here . Getting prepared for the Hurricane Party more than anything ! Got the Beer stocked up , aux refrigerator ready to plug into the generator to keep the beer cold . On which I had to rebuild the generator carb this evening as it had a sticky float (needle and seat) . Got all the loose yard stuff put away , garage all organized with scoot and BEERCART safely tucked within with enough room for BEER24/7's Nissan Murano to squeeze in too . Guns and ammo ready for looters or to at least blast the empty beer cans across the yard while celebrating during Hurricane Party , yippee !!!!!!!

The Bouncing Bobbers (our 22' boat) is on stand-by if the dike's break .

Like Mini said , we are looking more towards Ike . Lived here 14 years and have had the majority of the hurricanes come right by or thru my front door . Our home is pretty well protected from the harsh winds by the trees and foliage around us . But we have entertained ourselves by watching tall pine trees fall to the ground across the street , as there is a TLZ (tactical landing zone) on Camp Lejuene USMC base where the winds rule the roost there .

Thanks for the thoughts and if we loose cable, I'll try to contact the Muffins to let ya know how we fared .

BEER30

Hopefully we won't get too much rain. I know we need it, but if Ike heads this way the rain from Hanna will have saturated the ground and Ike will uproot a lot of trees.

If Ike heads this way the only good thing will be that he has to travel over waters stirred up by Hanna. The water should be cooler and take some of the energy out of the storm. At least that's what I'm praying for. Most hurricanes that follow close behind others lose intensity because of the cooler waters.

I'm pretty positive that we will be without power. Heck if a squirrel farts on a power line we lose power around here.

I know what you mean about the power outage. I get to pick up some lose stuff around here tomorrow morning. Then it's just sit back and wait. I really don't want to see Ike. Even if he downgrades that just makes em spread out. Means a cat 1 could take all day to get through with ya. That's what happened with Isabelle.

Margaret

Yeah , the Partys can be quite fun . One hurricane we were out of electricity for over a week with no generator . Hard to find ice unless you went to the next county over and got a truck load full . All the neighbors reefers needed to be emptied as all the meats were going to spoil , so we cranked up the BBQ pits and had one heck of a feast . We finally got a hold of a generator and shared it among all the 5 neighbors to at least get the reefers cold ....beer too ! Then there's the atv and the surf-boards . Rest asure , there is no boardom here during a storm.

BEER30

Yeah , the Partys can be quite fun . One hurricane we were out of electricity for over a week with no generator . Hard to find ice unless you went to the next county over and got a truck load full . All the neighbors reefers needed to be emptied as all the meats were going to spoil , so we cranked up the BBQ pits and had one heck of a feast . We finally got a hold of a generator and shared it among all the 5 neighbors to at least get the reefers cold ....beer too ! Then there's the atv and the surf-boards . Rest asure , there is no boardom here during a storm.

BEER30

Sounds like some snowstorms I've been caught in, except without the surfboards. The ice came from outside though and that was no problem.

Beer30 can always find the best in any condition, espcially the very worst ones! :whistling::cool10:

As long as he has a cold beer or two or three (cases that is), he is set to go!

By the way, Gene, have you figured out yet how to put a floatie on the bike and Beer Cart to make it into a jet ski when needed? :stirthepot:

You guys hang in there - let us know when you can how it goes!

:bighug:

Well, Bug and I are being chased out of Myrtle Beach, maybe we should come up to see you all. It's sunny and beautiful here, not sure why our hosts are a little freaked out.

I hope everyone gets through the storms safe.

Peace,

Wendy

If you need a place to stay, you are more than welcome to come on up to Columbia. We have room. Give me a call on my cell - 256-874-3616.

Be safe,

Bobbie

Beer30 can always find the best in any condition' date=' espcially the very worst ones! :whistling::cool10:[/color']

As long as he has a cold beer or two or three (cases that is), he is set to go!

By the way, Gene, have you figured out yet how to put a floatie on the bike and Beer Cart to make it into a jet ski when needed? :stirthepot:

You guys hang in there - let us know when you can how it goes!

:bighug:

Anything and Everything is Possible ..... That's if I can collect all my minds together at once !!!!

:nanner:

BEER30

Well, Bug and I are being chased out of Myrtle Beach, maybe we should come up to see you all. It's sunny and beautiful here, not sure why our hosts are a little freaked out.

I hope everyone gets through the storms safe.

Peace,

Wendy

Doors are always open . Been getting rain here this mourning . Not bad , but much like to see the sunshine too .

BEER30

Let us know if they go to your place Bobbie. Otherwise I hope they let us know where they end up. We've had some pretty heavy downpours along the coast. I wouldn't want to ride in it.

You guys should be seeing Hanna before us, at least as it stands now. Could change. Hope you don't get too much rain.

Margaret

Let us know if they go to your place Bobbie. Otherwise I hope they let us know where they end up. We've had some pretty heavy downpours along the coast. I wouldn't want to ride in it.

You guys should be seeing Hanna before us, at least as it stands now. Could change. Hope you don't get too much rain.

Margaret

Haven't heard from them, so really don't know anything. We are getting a few sprinkles here right now, but we really need the rain, so we will take what we can get!

Stay safe!

Bobbie