IGNORED

I am soooo hot!

Guest kiorana123

Guest kiorana123

And then there is reality! Next Sunday she who must be obeyed and I are off to Chicago and back on route 66, nearly 5000 miles. Bike has about 3700 on it so will get engine oil change Saturday. Will also get stearing bearings checked. However, here in the desert it get b...dy hot! Should I get radiator or other coollent put in and if so where? As you can tell I am a mechanic's dream! Given that we are both "cuddly" what should the suspention be set at front and rear, also given that we will have "luggage" with us? Anything else I should get done/checked on the bike?:cool10:

Lastly, mundane I know, how does the CB work? Just turn to channel ? and transmit? :detective:Kiorana123

Ian,

On the G2's the coolant overflow is behind the right side cover under the drivers seat, the fill spout is under that seat. It should be fine since it's new , but if you want to check it thats where it's at.

I run my rear shock at about 40 lbs loaded and 2 up we too are "Cuddley" the front shocks I run at about 3 or 4 lbs. Make sure your tires are aired up properly, I would suggest to almost the max pressure if your going to be abit heavy.

The CB is just that, turn it on and press the talk button, the owners manual would be a good idea to brush up on as if your not familiar with the radio it can be intimidating....have fun and be safe :happy34:

Sounds like a wonderful trip.

If you haven't already done it you might want to check all the visable bolts for tightness. Several of them have a habit, even on new bikes to loosen up. Some of the culprits are the bolt holding the shifter pegs on just above the floor board, the bolts holding the passenger grab handles, bolts holding the chrome fender trims and the contraption that holds the trunk lid open on the left inside the trunk.

Also, the rear hub oil was probably changed if you did the 600 mile service but it wouldn't hurt to have it done again. If it was done it would be fine but if not, it should be.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
And then there is reality! Next Sunday she who must be obeyed and I are off to Chicago and back on route 66, nearly 5000 miles. Bike has about 3700 on it so will get engine oil change Saturday. Will also get stearing bearings checked. However, here in the desert it get b...dy hot! Should I get radiator or other coollent put in and if so where? As you can tell I am a mechanic's dream! Given that we are both "cuddly" what should the suspention be set at front and rear, also given that we will have "luggage" with us? Anything else I should get done/checked on the bike?:cool10:

Lastly, mundane I know, how does the CB work? Just turn to channel ? and transmit? :detective:Kiorana123

If you need a break while you're following Route 66 through Oklahoma - we live just a couple of miles off the highway in Catoosa on the northeast side of Tulsa - give us a heads us, and be sure you stop and check out the Blue Whale in Catoosa right on the highway.