IGNORED

Texas Stampede

lonestarmedic

So, I was prodded today to update the October 18th Stampede details. I am planning on riding to East Texas this coming weekend to get solid details. I realize I haven't been prolific on the upcoming meet. My job and other obligations have kept me off the road more than I might like. My plans for the labor day weekend went out the window with the lack of parts. The bike is back together and ready to run. And I used the extra time to make a new workbench and set up the Mocha Lair for tearing apart bikes. I hope to leave Friday and drop into Houston for a visit. Then on to East Texas. If anyone is up for a road trip, give me a yell.

JB

BuddyRich- I will after this coming weekend. Got the enetrainment and rides figured out. Just having trouble getting a good meet site without actually seeing the places. I am trying for a place with rooms, campsites, and a pavilion all in one. Hoping to hear back from Road Runner magazine. They are doing a feature on East Texas for the October issue!!

JB

hi jb

i have to work friday nite, but your still welcome to stay at the house. i would still be willing to tag along. don't know how far your trying to go friday. would try to catch up with you sat if your going to press on.

best reguards

don c.

Planning on spending the nite in Houston Friday. I want to visit with TxVenture. Then on the road early Saturday for parts East. Thanks for the spot on the porch Don! Promise not to take the dog's favorite spot. I want to stay through to Sunday nite and then come back to S.A. on Monday.

JB

I am planning on being between the Rusk-Palestine area and the Jefferson area. The train ride is at Rusk and the paddleboat is on Caddo Lake. Interstate 20 out of Houston cuts right between these places. Lake O' the Pines is about 9-10 miles west of Jefferson. Anyone got the Ride Texas Magazine from last year with the 3 leg bike route? I loaned mine out and it hasn't returned.

JB

hi jb

when i go into work tonite i'll see about getting fri nite off. but if not i might be able to leave early. i normaly get off at 7:00 am saturday moring. will let you know, either way you'r still welcome to stay onthe porch.

best reguards

don c.

jb,

New rider here in Houston. gunboat,kbay and a few others have met me.If you are having a ride thru Houston to East Tx in Oct I would like to ride along. You should know though there is no I 20 that goes through Houston. I-20 goes through Dallas east/west across Texas. I 45 and I 59 run north/south while, I-10 runs east/west in the southern part of state to Fla etc. I am sure the guys here will make sure you don't get lost. Hope to meet you at Gunboats. Have a nice ride in.

jburrell

I will be in Friday about 1-2pm. I need a PM with your address and TxVenture's address. I want to visit with him and then anchor on your porch. We can wait for KBay to show up then tell a few tales. Let's take off Sat. early, hit the train depot in Rusk and go from there. When we get close we will call MasterGuns and make the meet there. He is going to ride with us around the area until Sunday AM. If anyone else wants to join in we can set a breakfast kickstand spot in Houston and then a lunch spot in Rusk. I am looking towards maybe having enough folks to divide up and have one pair run the ride route (100-120 miles) and one set go to Caddo Lake and check the paddleboat.

JB

JB, I turned this place upside down looking for that mag, I know I posted the map from it on here some place, I will look again tonight. DonC. Let me know what time you are headed for Don H. house, and I will meet up with you, I can get off any time I want Friday, so give me a call or post back here...

Kreg