IGNORED

Speed Bleeders

Ok I ordered a complete set of speedbleeders for my bike,the first project is bleed all the fluid from my clutch and replace with new.Someone that has done this please send a basic "how to do this" from beginning to end with speedbleeders. While I was in Colorado it seemed as if overnight the fluid got very dark colored and I lost alot of my feel in my clutch pull.The clutch was still very strong but after I got back down to camp I had my original feel on the clutch lever but fluid very dark. Last year Condor told me how to reverse bleed but I do not have the tools or know how to do that so my next best hope is I bought the speedbleeders. Thanks,Tom.

• 1 year later...
Tom, DonC ( GunBoat ) did mine for me, after seeing how it is done it is no big deal, shoot him a PM and I am sure he can give you a good walk through..

Good luck!!

Ride safe:Venture:

No offense intended..........but why would you suggest a "PM" when inquiring minds always want to know?

Michael

Tom, I'll be glad to shoot down there after I get back from Ohio and help you change the fluid - it is extraordinarily easy to do with a hand vacuum pump. But I know nothing about speedbleaders, and I am not even remotely interested in them, so I cannot help you with those things.

Goose

Tom, I'll be glad to shoot down there after I get back from Ohio and help you change the fluid - it is extraordinarily easy to do with a hand vacuum pump. But I know nothing about speedbleaders, and I am not even remotely interested in them, so I cannot help you with those things.

Goose

I'm the other way. Speed Bleeders are so easy it crazy. Change the bleeder out. Put a line on the nipple and into a waste container. Jar, bottle, anything you can catch old fluid in. Be careful with it. Greatest paint remover in the world!!:whistling: Open bleeder and Master so you can add fluid. Just start pumping and watch master so you can add fluid when needed. Keep pumping it thru til it is coming out clean. I usually let the master get low enough the first time til you can take paper towel or rag and wipe it clean. Be careful here that you don't pump when it is dry and get a lot of air in there. It is as easy as it sounds.

Interesting how some of those things get resurrected for no logical reason! Glad you caught that (and I won't plan a trip to change Tom's brake fluid!).

Goose

Hey, Kent......didn't mean to send you off on a wild GOOSE (arh, arh) chase.

The (logical) reason this post got 'resurrected' was because I was mining the technical forum to find as much information as I could about bleeding the clutch on the RSV.....and when I came across a message that sounded like someone had the same problem I do.....(even though it was two years ago)......and the answer was, "Oh, just send so-and-so a PM (private message) and he'll be glad to help you out".......it was a disappointment, and seemed to defeat the purpose of having a public forum, where EVERYBODY gets to share the knowledge by reading a published solution.

Knowledge is power........and god knows we need all we can find on how to spend more time riding and less time fixing! :-)

Michael

Hey, Kent......didn't mean to send you off on a wild GOOSE (arh, arh) chase.

The (logical) reason this post got 'resurrected' was because I was mining the technical forum to find as much information as I could about bleeding the clutch on the RSV.....and when I came across a message that sounded like someone had the same problem I do.....(even though it was two years ago)......and the answer was, "Oh, just send so-and-so a PM (private message) and he'll be glad to help you out".......it was a disappointment, and seemed to defeat the purpose of having a public forum, where EVERYBODY gets to share the knowledge by reading a published solution.

Knowledge is power........and god knows we need all we can find on how to spend more time riding and less time fixing! :-)

Michael

Michael,

I support your view that 'PM sent' is not very helpful in broadening our shared experience base. I also resurrect old threads, but try to make clear that it was old to start with.

Dave

I'm the other way. Speed Bleeders are so easy it crazy. Change the bleeder out. Put a line on the nipple and into a waste container. Jar, bottle, anything you can catch old fluid in. Be careful with it. Greatest paint remover in the world!!:whistling: Open bleeder and Master so you can add fluid. Just start pumping and watch master so you can add fluid when needed. Keep pumping it thru til it is coming out clean. I usually let the master get low enough the first time til you can take paper towel or rag and wipe it clean. Be careful here that you don't pump when it is dry and get a lot of air in there. It is as easy as it sounds.

+1 on Speedbleeders. I love them. The first time I bled my clutch and brakes, I think it already paid for itself. With Speedbleeders, there is no errors involved in bleeding your brakes as long as you don't let your reservoir low in brake fluid. It trully is a one man job bleeding brakes w/ speedbleeders.

Tom...just post your question here in case of doubt...Speedbleeder users will be very glad to give you tips.

Interesting how some of those things get resurrected for no logical reason! Glad you caught that (and I won't plan a trip to change Tom's brake fluid!).

Goose

Well...You know you are always WELCOME to just come and drink Margaritas....If you are comfortable with a Winger ..GOING TO GET IT THE 29TH...Could not wait on YAMAHA to get off there behind and UPDATE

Edited by Tom

Michael,

I support your view that 'PM sent' is not very helpful in broadening our shared experience base. I also resurrect old threads, but try to make clear that it was old to start with.

Dave

Good point, Dave. I'll remember to specify/clarify in the future.

(I especially don't wanna "mess with Texas"!!) :thumbsup2:

Best regards from Niagara...

Michael