IGNORED

Trailer ?

star4772

Looking for a trailer to fit the RSV what size for a flat nose and what size for a V-nose, What is the differance in a V-nose and flat nose in a 5x10 or a 5x12 or for that matter 6x10 or 6x12 other then the width? I guess what I am asking is does a 5x10 v-nose have more room because of the v-nose or are the measurements still the same. It just seems like the flat nose are much cheaper.

Joe

Joe...I, too, am looking for a trailer. I posted to that effect not too long ago and I got replies that if you can, get the 6 X 12, V-nose. The V-nose is preferable over the flat trailer in that it cuts thru the wind with less effort providing better gas mileage on your vehicle and better handling. Expect to spend about $4k for a new one...keep your eye out as you can probably find a used one. Good Luck.

Jim T

Joe...I, too, am looking for a trailer. I posted to that effect not too long ago and I got replies that if you can, get the 6 X 12, V-nose. The V-nose is preferable over the flat trailer in that it cuts thru the wind with less effort providing better gas mileage on your vehicle and better handling. Expect to spend about $4k for a new one...keep your eye out as you can probably find a used one. Good Luck.

Jim T

Ok Thanks for the info we will keep looking a good used should pop up sooner or later.

Joe

Joe,

I have a 6X12, flat front with a ramp door and it works great for one RSV. I also have the torsion (rubber ride) axle. Wouldn't go back to leaf springs again.

There's plenty of room to get around inside with the bike loaded and a little extra room for riding gear, spare tire for the space shuttle, tools, bike jack etc.

Mine is a Canadian made trailer and has smooth sides (no exposed screws). The only thing I don't like about it is the colour. I wouldn't buy another black one. The next one will be beige or some other light colour.

Gary

PS. the CDN customs guy was in a good mood yesterday...LOL

I checked out that link, it looks like a nice trailer, but it seems too good to be true for that price

:confused24: Call it the cynic in me, but $2K for a Vnose enclosed trailer doesn't seem on the up and up :2cents:

Hey Squid , It might be true , but will need someone to go over and do some tire kicking to make sure .

To be said , we have dealers pimping the shop's products on e-bay . I know they are good , as we make them . Sometimes dealers use e-bay to move overstock or to lure more customers in to the see the basic models , then mozzy over to a better looking , higher priced model . You know trailers with chrome (biker entrapment !)

As I did and most do/will see the e-bay add , search the net to find out what their web site is and window shop from there on . From what I can see , I can get a 2 foot longer trailer and still save 1K if I make the trip to the Georgia plant . Might just be worth taking a road trip when the time comes .

Another factor is the economy , they may need to unload a few to make ends meet or hold over till times get better before they start layoffs .

BEEER30

A V-nosed trailer would actually be 4' less in length if it were built as a flat nosed. That's why they can build 'm for less. I went to an auction looking at a 22' v-nose for storage and it turned out to be an 18. The extra 4' coming from the V. A 6X12 V is actually built on a 6X8 frame.... To get one with the same payload...you'd get a little more because of the V extension.. you would need to buy something around a 6x14. Nothing is exact, but you get the picture... V-nose equals smaller frame...

A V-nosed trailer would actually be 4' less in length if it were built as a flat nosed. That's why they can build 'm for less. I went to an auction looking at a 22' v-nose for storage and it turned out to be an 18. The extra 4' coming from the V. A 6X12 V is actually built on a 6X8 frame.... To get one with the same payload...you'd get a little more because of the V extension.. you would need to buy something around a 6x14. Nothing is exact, but you get the picture... V-nose equals smaller frame...

I looked at a bunch of trailers before i bought my continental cargo 6x12 flat front and i found the vnose more money for less usable space. I thought i could go a lot of miles before i would pay for the extra money spent on the vfront on fuel. In fact theres some sources that say the v front doesnt save anything in fuel at all if youre towing it behind something like a pickup with a topper on as the air bubble is already established by your truck.

I just got back from a 4000 mile trip to california and my trailer with 85 1st gen towed great behind my v6 2007 ford escape, with a hit of about 8 mpg over the whole trip compared with not towing anything.

PS dont buy the black unless you like cleaning, it looks great when clean but those big flat sides look dirty all the time.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

I looked at a bunch of trailers before i bought my continental cargo 6x12 flat front and i found the vnose more money for less usable space. I thought i could go a lot of miles before i would pay for the extra money spent on the vfront on fuel. In fact theres some sources that say the v front doesnt save anything in fuel at all if youre towing it behind something like a pickup with a topper on as the air bubble is already established by your truck.

I just got back from a 4000 mile trip to california and my trailer with 85 1st gen towed great behind my v6 2007 ford escape, with a hit of about 8 mpg over the whole trip compared with not towing anything.

PS dont buy the black unless you like cleaning, it looks great when clean but those big flat sides look dirty all the time.

And I gotta add, if I didn't see it I wouldn'a believed it. We live on a fairly narrow dead-end street, and when Brian went to turn the whole rig around he just drove down the street where he had room and swung a U-E. No backing up into an empty drive way for him. It's gotta be the first time that's ever happened in the 40+ years we've lived here....:thumbsup2:

Joe,

I have a 6X12, flat front with a ramp door and it works great for one RSV. I also have the torsion (rubber ride) axle. Wouldn't go back to leaf springs again.

There's plenty of room to get around inside with the bike loaded and a little extra room for riding gear, spare tire for the space shuttle, tools, bike jack etc.

Mine is a Canadian made trailer and has smooth sides (no exposed screws). The only thing I don't like about it is the colour. I wouldn't buy another black one. The next one will be beige or some other light colour.

Gary

PS. the CDN customs guy was in a good mood yesterday...LOL

Thanks Gary for the info on trailer. Thats cool at least u didn't have to pay any duty tax thats good. Did u get it put on yet? I like mine works a lot better.

Joe

Thanks Brian no would not buy a black posiable white or wine color. Maybe tan something to get close to my truck and 03 Rv color.

Joe

I bought a used 6x12 flat front and I tow it behind my Olds Bravada. No problems what so ever. Had it loaded to the hilt with lumber Thursday and it pulled like a dream. I normally get 19 on the highway and with the trailer fully loaded Thursday I got 13. Mine is also extra tall. I found that some trailers you have to be carefull of the door opening to get the bike in with the taller windshields we have and mine is even taller since I went to the xxl Clearview.

Jay

One more thing that makes using the trailer so nice is the baxley LA trailer chock , its a little expensive but you only tie the bike down with 2 straps on the back so you dont bottom out your forks, by having to strap on the front. Also if you want to use the trailer for other stuff there is only 2 allen screws to take the chock out completely. Here is a link to them, they also have a vid if you want to watch.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/LAChock.html

Brian

One more thing that makes using the trailer so nice is the baxley LA trailer chock , its a little expensive but you only tie the bike down with 2 straps on the back so you dont bottom out your forks, by having to strap on the front. Also if you want to use the trailer for other stuff there is only 2 allen screws to take the chock out completely. Here is a link to them, they also have a vid if you want to watch.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/LAChock.html

Brian

Thanks Brian here is one I also spotted item on e-bay 280260588462 There is also one called the condor which is about 250.00.

Joe

Thanks Brian here is one I also spotted item on e-bay 280260588462 There is also one called the condor which is about 250.00.

Joe

you will have to do some floor reinforcement with the ebay one but the baxley will stand the bike up on its own without being attached to the floor.

you drill just to keep it from rolling forward or back with baxley design.

Brian