IGNORED

Hard Corbin seat.

When I bought my bike a few years ago It had the Corbin seat on it. Still does but it is wicked hard. I was gonna have it refoamed and Buddyrich sent me a temp seat he selling but never got around to sending mine out as Corbin and the dealer that was helping me never got together as to if they could help me. Part of this was because the dealer tried to screw me on my Clutch basket but telling me I need a brand new clutch that had been changed a month before. So the seat never got done and my butt still hurts.

I have decided to try again. My plans to maybe persue a 09 Ultra are on hold for right now for how long I dont know but I decided to see on my own in Corbin can help me. I have been told that in these cases they will refoam a seat with a softer foam (Less Dense) so that the seat is more comfortable. I decided to ask if they would consider doing this under warranty as it has always been like sitting on a brick. The shape is great but hard as hell!!!

I will keep you posted as the "Case of the Monkey Butt Seat" continues!

• 3 weeks later...

Well they are gonna redo the seat for just the cost of shipping it to them. Considering the seat has been on since is came from the dealer that is pretty good of them. They will redo the seat with a lower density (More Squishy) foam so that ought to help alot. They asked me to wait a little while to send it which works out great for me as I can get a little more riding done before it goes it and that will work out just about right for the "Redo of the RSV". Hey if it isnt soft enough even after its done I can still get it off to Rick but for now free is good and it gets me closer if not all the way to comfortable.

I have a Corbin on my 83 royale and I dont find it too hard. 25yrs of Biker Butt on it might've softend it up a bit though. lol. The Mustang on the Virago though is much softer. For me, my wife on the other hand hates the Mustang seat way too hard for her. She shrinks an inch every long trip on that bike which is why I bought the Venture Royale, she's getting too hard to find in a crowd, lol. I've got the adjustable back rest on the Corbin which is great for me and the wife likes the passenger seat. She can now resume her goal of being in the NBA, lol. Hope the seat comes back just the way you like it. That was real solid of Corbin to do that for you, Happy Trails.

Knees in the breeze

• 4 months later...

Well the Corbin seat is back in my hands and right away I noticed that the box was lighter. Took it out of the box and we may have a winner here! Where in the past I could not even budge the foam the foam by pressing on it now it has a good amount of give. I really wont know how much better it is until I ride it but for now I feel happy it is better. If it still needs more work the next step is off to Rick! I will say this for Corbin, they were really concerned that I was happy and wanted me to stay on their seat. I paid the shipping there but they did it for free and shipped it back for free too.

Honestly I am suprised to hear they worked with you on this. I have heard way too many times that you talk to Corbin about issues (especially when it comes to items under warranty) they say it is your fault and they won't help. I know too many people that have bought Corbin stuff and all have gotten the same response. This is mostly to do with their fairings & saddlebags.

I had a Mustang on my VTX for at least 3-4 years. I could not ride longer than 30-45 minutes w/out wanting to get off. I was too hard. I bought a Barron's seat pad and it made a world of difference. Made it to Chattanooga and back in '07 and loved every minute I was on the bike.

I have heard Corbin seats are hard too. Never heard a complaint about an Ultimate seat.

Friend of mine found a seat pad at wally world for like $20. I keep forgetting to ask what area, but it looked just like a motorcycle seat and when you remove the cover it had a bunch of spongy squares.