IGNORED

Fuel Petcock Issue?

When I was taking my fuel tank off to replace my ignition switch I think I broke the outlet off of my fuel petcock valve. I had loosened and pulled the clamp back on the fuel line but then the line didn’t want to come off. I tugged and tugged and twisted and tugged some more until POP off it came. That’s the good news. The bad news is - stuck in the end of the hose was the brass connector. Since I am a relative yamaha newby I am supposing that I pulled the connector sleeve right out of the petcock. It probably isn’t supposed to do this - am I right? Is it broken?

I just ordered a replacement petcock but I can cancel it if somebody will tell me that this is the way the Yamaha petcock disconnects from the fuel line!

Thanks

Bob,

The fuel lines have a tendency to "stick" to the brass fitting. I have had mine pull out. You should be able to remove the line from the fitting with a little effort. I had to "pry" mine off with a small screwdriver until it was "loose". The brass fitting will just push back in to the fitting and be re-seated. I had that happen when I had to change the rubber gaskets due to leaking. I had not leakes or problem with the fittings after I reseated it.

pa_don