IGNORED

Head set problem

I've been having problems with the original head sets ('01) shorting out and not working most of the time, so I replaced them with a couple of "Chatter Box" head sets. Well, here's the problem... the rear set can send but not receive (she can't hear a dang thing I say, but I can hear everything she says!). Consequently, the problem must be in the wiring for the back set. Can a person with little or no (me) mechanical abiltiy replace the back part of the intercom system?

I don't want to state the obvious but first make sure the volume knob on the rear didn't get turned down. I'm sure you checked it because you are likely smarter than I am but I messed with mine for a while one day after Eileen rubbed against it when getting on the bike and turned it down.

:rotf:put long pointy ears on me and color me a dumb a--! Your solution worked. Ya know, I'm one of those guys that mechanical types tell stories about over a cup of coffee, then get good ol' belly laughs.

Actually, I think this is the second time that Freebird has helped me out with the most obvious answer. The last time was something about my entire electrical system shutting down. "Check the connections on the battery." Was his sage advice. Duh!

I'm so inept.

Freebird, I'd like to meet you one day and buy you 1 or 3 beverages of your choice.

:sign07::sign brain fart: