IGNORED

The "best" Cycle lift?

BigBear

I'm in the market for a cycle lift. I see that lots of folks here use the Sears lift (the $100 model). In researching that particular model on the Sears site, people seem to really **dislike** that model (lots of 1's on a scale of 5). LOTS of complaints about shoddy workmanship, broken pumps, etc.

So I'm looking for an expert's perspective (yours) on the "best" cycle lift!

I'm leaning towards the Larin MAL2 (~$190.00).

All thoughts, comments, experiences would be appreciated.

I bought the cheaper model from Sears. Think I paid $60 or $70. The lift by itself will not work on the RSV. You need to get or make an adapter. I trimmed down a few 4x4s and notched them out to match up to the frame.

Anyhow, I am pleased with my Sears bike lift.

Ive had my Sears lift for years now with no issues. I have been using hockey pucks on the corners of the lift but even better, you can order a Carbon One lift adapter which attaches under the bike with a simple rod and it makes a sturdy area to lift the bike with.

It may still be listed in the classifieds. Or im sure Larry will chime in.

The jack that I have for several years that came from Sam's Club. It has a lift adapter that has 4 V shaped brackets on adjustable arms. It worked out pretty good, but was a pain to get set up under the bike. Last year I bought a lift adapter, with legs, from Carbon 1. I cannot give this piece of equipment enough praise. With the Carbon 1 lift adapter, any inexpensive jack will work fine.

My brother had a jack that was purchased from Lowes for $89. It worked real good for his Harley. We still have it around for the odd things like getting the way or crowding up the garage. Someday Son will move away and take it with his bike.:thumbsup2: