IGNORED

Would there be a Differance in Mufflers

Guest Lightnen

Guest Lightnen

Hi there peoples:

I've read here that the road king mufflers are a resonable good choice of muffler to get a better sound from the RSV. Now I am wondering if the H.D.'s FLH would be the same or are these too big for the RSV's. Any help would be greatly appriciated..

Lightnen

The thing with the R/K mufflers is how they hook up onto the RSV. I'm not sure on the letter configuration of the H/D's but it seems to me that you can only use pipes off a bagger with opposing side dual exhaust. I know it's probably not the answer you were looking for, but it would be some additional info anywho

:confused24:

FLH mufflers are the same and will work just fine. Check your part numbers to make sure you are getting non catalyst mufflers. You will need Squidleys mounting plates for a good mount, and some clamps.

I have run these on two of my Ventures now... they are a great deal and give you a nice deeper sound, without extra noise.

FLH mufflers are the same and will work just fine. Check your part numbers to make sure you are getting non catalyst mufflers. You will need Squidleys mounting plates for a good mount, and some clamps.

I have run these on two of my Ventures now... they are a great deal and give you a nice deeper sound, without extra noise.

If you do get a set with cat's you can break them up and remove them. It is just an extra step and a little more work, but definitly worth it for that nice deep rumble.:big-grin-emoticon:

Big Mike

Guest Lightnen
If you do get a set with cat's you can break them up and remove them. It is just an extra step and a little more work, but definitly worth it for that nice deep rumble.:big-grin-emoticon:

Big Mike

Thanks there BigM.

I'll try to finde the older ones then cause with my luck I'd prob knock out the baffels as well...

Thanks to ALL who responded here for my request...

Big Mike

I drilled out a cat muffler with a 5/8" masonary bit. I poked a few holes next to each other and then broke the rest on the "brick" with a hammer and a long chisel. Took me about 15 mins. Then I poked the baffles out with a 1 1/8" hole saw. SWEEEET! :hurts:

Brian