IGNORED

rstd with a jet engine sound!

I'm just wondering if all of your 06rstd's/ventures have a whirring sound like a jet engine when you roll the throttle? I was out Saturday and parked beside a venture that didn't have that sound. Mine has, since it was bought new last August. I thought it was due to the 4 cylinders? Milage and acceleration are both great but definitely doesn't have a V-twin sound. Should I be worried? What can you yama-experts tell me? :confused24:

Guest gitarzan

My 03 does that at certain rpm. I can hear a sound like high speed air stream being sucked. Sounds like a jet. I assumed it was the carbs drawing air.

It's a special feature that is built in with most of our bikes. If your ride is still under warranty you can try to convince the dealer to replace the clutch basket with the I-basket. This has helped some people.

I'm just wondering if all of your 06rstd's/ventures have a whirring sound like a jet engine when you roll the throttle? I was out Saturday and parked beside a venture that didn't have that sound. Mine has, since it was bought new last August. I thought it was due to the 4 cylinders? Milage and acceleration are both great but definitely doesn't have a V-twin sound. Should I be worried? What can you yama-experts tell me? :confused24:

I don`t meen to steal your thunder.... I just bought a `01 RSV that has that chirp sound, beleave its the cluch.... much like StarCruiser, I am wanting to know if that will hurt anything, or is it about to go south on me. The bike only has 3K miles on it.. Thanks

That Jet engine sound isn't exclusive to the 2gens. One of my '83's started it right after tuning and syncing the carbs. We just did Lyle D's 87 yesterday and when he took off down the road I could hear it making that jet engine noise as well. It's not a chirp, but a sound like a high speed turbine intake. I think it sounds kinda cool......:15_8_211[1]:

If you have the "Chirp", tell yor Service Mgr about this Tech Note:

2002 Yamaha XVZ13

Back to Technical Service Bulletins | Start Over

Technical Service Bulletin Details

Bulletin Number: M2002013 Bulletin Date: 6/14/2002 Year: 2002 Make: YAMAHA Model: XVZ13 Replacement Service

Bulletin Number: Internal Sequence Number: 638087 Component Affected: 061100 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE Date Added to File: 12/10/2002 Summary: SUBJECT REGARDING ENING WHINE FROM CLUTCH AREA.

Steve W