IGNORED

MP3 editor

rod

I need to increase the volume of MP3s. I am a little deaf and while sitting the volume is enough but with wind noise I have to have the volume all the way up and that still is not enough. The radio volume is around 15 but Aux is all the way up and not enough. Any one know a good program that lets you adjust the level on the MP3 when you copy. Thanks Rod

Some mp3 players (ipod and iphone specifically) have a setting to limit the audio output to 'safe' levels. On the ipod it is the 'sound check' setting. Off is non-limiting. Perhaps your device has a similar setting.

I need to increase the volume of MP3s. I am a little deaf and while sitting the volume is enough but with wind noise I have to have the volume all the way up and that still is not enough. The radio volume is around 15 but Aux is all the way up and not enough. Any one know a good program that lets you adjust the level on the MP3 when you copy. Thanks Rod

Hi Rod. I use a program called Sound Forge made by Sony. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/soundforge

Fantastic professional program that would be overkill for just increasing the volume. It does so much more. However, it does a fantastic job at increasing the volume.

As you know, unless you get all your music from one CD, the volume is different between tracks. With this program, you can "Normalize" the volume so all your tracks are the same. No more turning up and down the volume.

I also use this program to mix my music so that one song mixes right into the next for non stop music. And yes, you can still have the songs set as tracks so you can still skip songs.

Hope this helps. PM if you want this.

Wow thanks for all the replies. I will try them out. I have a MP3 player in the GPS that I use and it has very few features. I have been out of work for 2 yrs after the accident and just started teaching and wrenching part time for the MSF so money is real tight. The amps will be just the thing for the Virago (loud pipes) when I can scrape up the cash. The software should take care of the Venture. Thanks again Rod

Wow thanks for all the replies. I will try them out. I have a MP3 player in the GPS that I use and it has very few features. I have been out of work for 2 yrs after the accident and just started teaching and wrenching part time for the MSF so money is real tight. The amps will be just the thing for the Virago (loud pipes) when I can scrape up the cash. The software should take care of the Venture. Thanks again Rod

This is but one of the many great things here .... post a question and almost immediately get all the help one needs.

:thumbsup2:

Try is editor Free (Shareware) professional level sound editor.

http://www.reaper.fm/