Check the connection where the sensor plugs into the wiring harness, may be some corrosion in there not allowing the signal to transfer. Also make sure your electrolyte covers the sensor as it's installed. Short of this being the problem, you could get rid of it by soldering a 2 ohm resistor in line.

Dan

I would first take the wire that goes to the fluid level and put it on the positive side of the fuse box screw. this is while the bike is running and see if the light goes out, then you no if you need a new sensor or you can do the battery sensor mod to it. You have tested the battery to make sure the bike is charging and your getting the right voltage.

Jerry

If you hook the sensor wire to the "hot" screw on the fuse panel, you blow out the detector chip in the dash monitor... You REALLY want to use a 2.2k Ohm resistor in-line to the "hot" to "simulate" a good battery.

...you could get rid of it by soldering a 2 ohm resistor in line.

Dan

Like Dan said, go with the resistor. I had a brand new battery that tested fine, but it wouldn't make the warning light go out. Evidently those things are very sensitive to even a little bit of variance from spec.

The battery water level sensor is Not on a fused circuit, it simply sends a voltage from the battery sensor to the Instrument panel.

So, I was curious as to how a fuse would cure the problem

The " Accessory " Fuse is provided by Yamaha, so users can hook up any Added Accessory they might mount on the bike. Normaly its not used.

So, sombody must have done the Battery Sensor light, modification, and used the Accessory Fuse, as the Voltage source, for the Modification.

So, just to be on the safe side, Follow the output wire From the Acc. fuse, it should run to where the a 2200 OHM Resistor, has been added in series, and hooked to the R/W (Red/White ) wire that "Used to " go to the Battery Water Level Sensor.

Also, you must have a " Sealed Battery " Installed. Right ??

Whats my point to all this ? Nothing, Just an Old, Electrician , mulling things over ---

You are GOOD George. You are absolutely right. :clap2: I do have the sealed battery and the battery sensor light mod is tapped into the acc fuse. I was a bit confused when the battery warning light was on and it involved the acc fuse. As you can see I am NOT an electrician... shocking, huh? :shock3:

Semper Fi,

Jerry