IGNORED

Opinions on which exhaust...

jkt69

Vance & Hines or Bubs?

I rode yamahamer's this weekend and he has Bubs, so I know what those sound like. I have only heard Vance & Hines on YouTube, but they sounded pretty sweet too.

What do you think?

:mo money:

I run Krome werks I like them,I think they are a little less loud than Bubs but its a toss up..They have different tips also,Here is a pic of mine,you can turn them down or sideways.

I love the sound of the Vance and Hines on youtube. I just can't figure out which model they are.

I sent a message to the guy, but I have'nt got an answer yet. Guess I'll have to go to a Harley dealer and try to figure out what they are...:icon_smile_question

Vance & Hines or Bubs?

I rode yamahamer's this weekend and he has Bubs, so I know what those sound like. I have only heard Vance & Hines on YouTube, but they sounded pretty sweet too.

What do you think?

:mo money:

I can't even find where they make Vance & Hines for the Venture. Seems they make it for every model except the Venture.

Email sent to Vance & Hines tech support for clarification.

Email response below...

Keith,

We don’t make a set of pipes for the Venture.

--

Thank you,

Steve Darrow

Sales/ Tech. Support

Vance & Hines Racing

13861 Rosecrans Ave.

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

(800) 592-2529 ext. 160

Fax: 562-802-0110

http://www.vanceandhines.com

The V&H were probably a replacement for the Harley Road King. If stockers will work so will replacements.

I run the Barons with the baffles wrapped. Sounds great to me. Louder and deeper than the RK's fully done up but not obnoxous.

Guest Boomerbiker

I am looking for a pair of stock 2nd gen pipes if someone wants to part with them for a fair price. A curb jumped out when leaving a Wyoming gas station and dinged the right one.

I am looking for a pair of stock 2nd gen pipes if someone wants to part with them for a fair price. A curb jumped out when leaving a Wyoming gas station and dinged the right one.

I have a pair of brand new Road King pipes, they were never run on a bike. $50 bucks if you are interested, thats what I paid for em. Let me know. Craig

I was just given a set of Bubs. I removed end caps and pulled the baffle out, repacked the baffle with new fiberglass insulation. Sounds great, the only time you really hear them is when your on the throttle. I put these on my RSTD.

Also have a RSV which I just put a set of Road House Slash cuts on. They are louder than the Bubs, put still not anoying.

EXHAUST CHOICES (that I am aware of)

BUBS (Sleepers or Complete System)

Road House (Slash or Fish Tall)

Khrome Werks (Slash, Turn Down/Out)

Barons (Multiple Options)

Harley Road King Muffler Conversion (Special Bracket Required)

Samsons

I think thats it.

Most interested in some bass rumble, not anything obnoxious loud. Which of these are the least loud?

BUBS (Sleepers or Complete System)

Road House (Slash or Fish Tall)

Khrome Werks (Slash, Turn Down/Out)

Barons (Multiple Options)

Harley Road King Muffler Conversion (Special Bracket Required)

Samsons

**Can not find Road House for the Venture. Seems every Yamaha model out, not the Venture though.

Edited by jkt69

After much research and youtube listening I finally ordered my exhaust slip ons yesterday. I went with the Roadhouse MotoClassic. To me they sounded like exactly what I was looking for...a nice bass rumble and some noise when you get on it. Can't wait for them to get here.

I pulled up behind Yamahamer at a stop light and he told me it sounded like a pissed off sewing machine was coming up behind him.

If anyone has these pipes I hope you have some good things to say about them.

Thanks again.